Running shoes recommendations

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Hallo people who run.

I bought a rather cheap Nike pair and my attempts at running ended up with a rather sore, torn-feeling, area around the heel to middle of my left foot. Now that it's finally feeling back to normal after about 2 months, I was wondering if anyone who has had a similar situation can recommend a particular style to go for? I'd much rather order online than go into one of those shop things. The cardio I plan on doing is not running, but I want as much protection/prevention as possible.

You need to go into a shop. It's the only way to make sure you're getting the right thing for your feet. It is impossible to tell without them analysing your gait- I, for example, have to have special shoes (!) because of the way my feet roll over when I run. It is ridiculous what a difference finding this out made. I go to a local store for mine, generally, but Runner's Need do a free consultation and I'm sure other main high street stores do.

Reactions: RJN
^ this. Soz! I had a gait analysis when I started and they recommended Asics with over-pronation correction. I’ve used them ever since in a variety of fabulous colours :disco:

I second Asics. I've been running in them for years and always just get the same ones when I need to replace them

Completely forgot I had asked this, so a belated thanks for the answers. I had decided to just go in anyway as it's an issue too inconvenient for trial and error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom