Alla

Sábado noche 19 80
XwCObTq.jpg

Six seasons Ten seasons

Seventy four queens One hundred twenty six queens

Six winners Ten winners

And one queen to rule them all :disco:

After the first DR Rate, they said:

if we did this again, I'd totally rank her (Alaska) at the very top, even if she isn't my personal favourite.
I love anything Latrice EVER DOES. Oh for an AS3 Latrice victory...
i've always enjoyed a bit of gia gunn but i have to say she's really grown on me lately
Alyssa was funny, but aside from "…BACK ROLLS?!" her appeal was somewhat lost on me.
We can't have Tatiana sitting at 34 post all-stars.
I hope Alaska is knocked off after being EXPOSED for the SNAKE she is.
Jinkx at number 11 really was ridiculous
i can't believe moopy rated raja lower than joslyn fox.
I love Alaska but Latrice will always be the number one bitch in the game for me.

How have things changed? (if they did at all).We're about to find out in this Second Rate, with 4 more seasons and 52 extra queens.

Wellcome to RuPaul's Drag Race Rate 2!

18 votes from 19 posters. That's one more set of votes than in the first rate, which is good.

But first, let's rank the Seasons. (coming soon, don't expect me to do this right now. x)

I’m here for this, especially an @Alla production giving me the Ooh Ahh Ahh sensation.

Also want to hear the verdict from the Iglampe hive mind

Seasons Rate

JaIu6S6.jpg

13. All Stars 1 (3.28)

To nobody's surprise, the mess that was the first All Stars is the less favourite season. By a mile. It got two 5s and a 6 from a generous @Dark Carnival. Everyone else rated it below 5. To put it in perspective, only one other season received less than 5 by one single poster.

lBGhPd2.jpg

12. Season 1 (5.86)

Predictable too, the lost season is next. With marks between 5 and 7, except a 4 from @Beryl, it's far behind from the rest of the regular seasons. Thank God Mama Ru got rid of those filters and the quality of the next seasons was more than acceptable.

0hOXLCe.jpg

11. Season 7 (6.66)
10. Season 8 (6.93)

After some outstanding seasons, it was inevitable. The lack of big characters in season 7, turning season 8 into the Bob show, some wrong decisions like evicting Katya too early, taking to the final boring but pretty and hung Pearl... you name it. Or maybe it was just "good" after amazing seasons.

How did they evict Katya too early?

I quite liked season 7 after the event, and the relevant queens were ru-deemed in their various AS appearances and/or web series

Trixie should’ve stayed over Pearl. I mean she’s not a great lip syncer but she’s better than PEARL SMASH

Last edited:
She went out one episode before the end (not counting the live finale) :D

I would argue that Season 7 had plenty of memorable personalities - Katya, Trixie, Ginger, Kennedy, Jasmine Masters, even Pearl delivered at least two iconic moments. The problem is that they didn't really gel as well as, say, the Season Six cast.

Season 7 was just less than the sum of its parts. I think it was at least reasonably well cast - but it didn't add up to a particularly satisfying whole.

3IUSN97.jpg

9. All Stars 3 (6.93)*

Some really good moments but the new rules for the F2 was a total joke. After AS2 it was always going to be a let down anyway. Still, Bendelacreme giving herself the chop will remain forever as one of the highlights of the entire series.

*Same mark as Season 8 but more 10/9/whatever, I'll this with the queens too.

She went out one episode before the end (not counting the live finale) :D

I would argue that Season 7 had plenty of memorable personalities - Katya, Trixie, Ginger, Kennedy, Jasmine Masters, even Pearl delivered at least two iconic moments. The problem is that they didn't really gel as well as, say, the Season Six cast.

The challenges were mostly bad as well. It just felt old and recycled.

I like AS3 and don’t get the vitriol. It’s not like Shangela was the most deserving winner (Bendela was).

Season 10 had a good start but that top 4 was so uninteresting. Also Eureka is just too much and between her and The Vixen, it’s all a bit unappealing.

Bendela quitting AS3 was a great moment, but it kind of taints the rest of the season for me. She was so far ahead of the rest of the pack that the episodes without her just felt like a slog.

There are few episodes I feel less inclined to re-watch than that one where Morgan came back and played Black Swan. Utterly dreadful.

Just imagine Bendela doesn't quit and the other bitter queens decide she doesn't deserve the F2. :D

Season 10 went from brilliant to boring in the space of about an episode. Monique and Vixen leaving in one swoop was a disaster. And yeah the top four was borrrring.

AS3 would have been amazing had Bendela not pulled out. It really tainted the series. And then that ridiculous finale.

But then Bendela pulling out was such an iconic moment that I’m not sure I want to go on without it.

A1dWpz0.jpg

7. Season 3 (7,53)

Stacy Layne Matthews was fine in season 3, but I can't see a reason to have her back in every AS4 episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom