S14 E01: Big Opening No. 1

How will you be watching Season 14?

• Total voters
Alyssa would have been a hit if this was Season 4. But in 2022, ten seasons later, being bitchy don't cut it no more. We want a silly self-aware queen who will somehow also produce loads of natural genuine unforced unscripted drama. WE WANT EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
This was unexpectedly SO MUCH FUN, Ru was on fire, hoping the other half of the cast are just as strong, there’s great chemistry so far and the Enya lip sync was one of the greatest scenes ever.

With this not being on Netflix, there doesn't seem to be much buzz about it on social media which is a shame as it was a great episode.

I wonder will they end up dumping the whole season on Netflix once it's over...

A good opening episode indeed! I’m totally here for Willow who I completely expected to be the first to sashay away from their entrance look.

A good opening episode indeed! I’m totally here for Willow who I completely expected to be the first to sashay away from their entrance look.
Same! I loved seeing prove everyone wrong.

Especially because they only have about 30 seconds of allotted time to do their talent act, so most queens rightly choose to do something surefire and traditional. But Willow still managed to deliver her absurd humor just as well.

I have such a soft spot for her.

I'm now on a hot ENYA BINGE
I did this yesterday as well whilst trimming my hair.

I was also concerned that we were getting another Aiden Zhane edit with Willow but I think that really depends on whether the other queens keep picking on her? Aiden really soured because the other queens were down on her, and her response to this was inherently unlikeable. I really hope we aren’t headed for a repeat.

This was fine. Kornbread and Willow are the obvious standouts (and the two Twitter was going nuts over).

The entrance looks were pretty rough especially June who looked terrible in that I’ll fitting dress.

I was a little bewildered by June's entrance look. The makeup seemed really off too. She looked much better on the runway.

Willow is a delightful little oddity but my standouts were definitely Kornbread (the charisma!) and June, who's really funny in her confessionals

a GREAT start to the season all round though

Willow is a delightful little oddity but my standouts were definitely Kornbread (the charisma!) and June, who's really funny in her confessionals

great as kornbread was, it's not something we hadn't seen before. willow felt a whole lot more original and fresh to me, so she's firmly my favourite so far.
i appreciated that nudge away from the mainstream - it's hard to get very excited about a funny self-branding track after all this time.

two words re june and they are: lala ri.

(yes, i had to check the name)

Last edited:
June was my other pick (after Willow) for bottom two from the entrance look

I mean :eyes:

4DD129F8-0E1C-4DC9-BBD6-39184AB96C30.jpeg

What was THAT, the top half is so MANLY and the jumpsuit does not fit at all!

That was a nice episode - solid, I like the cast, even if borrowing an All Stars opening challenge just sort of showed them up.

Must say I'm a bit baffled about some of the posts here, unless they are all based on the preview. Aside from the entrances, I didn't find Alyssa especially bitchy, nor Willow particularly picked-on after the halfway mark. And Untucked seemed to confirm it all, I don't think there was any mud-slinging, despite the dozens of shade noises.

It's nice not to have a clear frontrunner too - Kornbread definitely got my vote in the talent show but I hated her runway. Maybe the garment was good, but yeah she did look rather SQUAT, and that runway walk was bizarre, like Uncle Fester.

Willow's talent show was a nice surprise and a fun idea, but I have doubts about her delivery. We'll have to see - and her *ahem* joke entrance look to throw everyone off? Well... her runway too? It's a good thing, but I dimly recall a queen in the last two seasons (I feel the wheels of my argument falling off already) being depressed, but Ru asserting that she's HERE NOW so snap outtofit! Anyway let's see how any of the other challenges go.

Kerri was stun gorge, the skipping thing was cute (I also could barely see it but it sounded fun) - she couldn't really win - if she HAD done the skipping from the start, wouldn't she have gotten "one note" critiques?

Felt sad for June - the makeup is great, the bottom of the entrance was nice - I saw the tights and they were ripped. Loved that African jump-split, it seemed to inspire Kerri and Orion at least!

And Orion Story - at least I was right on this one. I find something off about her make-up, I don't know if it's that she looks half asleep, or maybe it's the lips? Checked out

1. Kerri Colby - Gorge, nice and sure, skipping - great looks, beautiful looks.
2. Alyssa Hunter - Great looks too, and the talent was good
3. Kornbread - Talent was the best but hated that runway
4. Bosco - Reminds me of my ratty hippy aunt. Not really exciting so far *pulls out pancake arse*
5. Willow Pill - Dismal looks but toaster in the bath was cute
6. June Jambalaya - Gorgeous makeup but strugglebus at the moment.

What the fuck is Wow+ and why can't I watch this by normal means :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom