S14 E02: Big Opening No. 2

It’s a bit of a motley crew, isn’t it?
The polka dot one with the bouffant has the strangest nose since Magnolia.

The other polka dot one is… not sure what kind of Oompa Loompa fantasy they were aiming for

"So Maddy Morphosis, what's your talent going to be?"
"I'm going to play guitar"

absolutely-fabulous-joanna-lumley.gif

Angeria was great, an immediate star. Jorgeous is obviously someone they love and will go far.

I could have picked the one who left from her entrance. She was smashed in the lipsync.

Well the exciting queens clearly went into the first half. :bruised:

I don't have any objection to Maddy Morphosis on principle but BY FUCK she was boring and basic. GUITAR? REALLY? That said, she was deservedly saved by that runway.

Agreeed that Angeria was the clear star.

WTF was that lip sync choice? Does Alicia Keys not have ANY uptempo numbers they could have gone with?

O M Angeria!! :disco: What an absolute star. Sweet and funny and looks a bit like Snoop Dog in drag.

Deja’s lip sync was everything. It was obvious before the music even started that she was going to win it but she really did it. Crystal’s sister/daughter has got her voice and mannerism but lacked all charm and charisma.

OMG Angeria to win PLEASE.

Other episode stand outs were the lip sync from Deja, Matty's runway and Jasmine's cheek bones.

Angeria’s entrance gave me this

tumblr_p426m1L3YQ1w9q1uyo2_400.gifv

I'm only 20 minutes in, but honestly RuPaul really is the worst thing about this program

I felt like Ru was much more tolerable last week, but undermining their talent show performances when it was clearly too late to change them really was infuriating.

Sorry but she was fucking right. Why turn up and just LIP SYNC? Fucking awful.

And yeah, definitely feels like the cream was in episode 1, but we’ll see.

The ERASURE of Scaredy Kat as the first cis het contestant in the franchise!

Echoing everyone else, but Angeria is my favourite from this group.

Last edited:
It’s a bit of a motley crew, isn’t it?
The polka dot one with the bouffant has the strangest nose since Magnolia.

The other polka dot one is… not sure what kind of Oompa Loompa fantasy they were aiming for

I absolutely love that nose. She is a star through and through (each nostril). She's joining the week one leads quite impressively so far.

About halfway through here and what has provoked me is the English queen saying how shocked they are at a straight male drag queen. This is not a foreign concept for the UK at all. I'd even say that before Drag Race they made up a sizeable portion of their visibility.

Ru's lead up to it (the word "straight") and subsequent question about being turned out is about as subtle as one would expect. The rotted queen trying to out them earlier perhaps I can out down to the pressure to have camera time, but it was equally cringe.

Ugh at the idea that a heterosexual "has to be really comfortable" to be in gay spaces. We're back in 2010 - amazing!

Does Alicia have covid concerns behind the mirror?

I personally wish she could have paid homage to her famous butch Snatch outing from back in the day.

I'm too death drop desensitized to have any feelings whatsoever about the talent shows from Jorgeous and Jasmine.

Morgan McMichaels died for this? Daya on arrival.

Camden makes it 4 of the same in a row.

The cheerleader has fallen flat completely.

Maddy suddenly looking a lot like a depressed Ongina listening to Santana after she wrapped up All Stars.

Just listening to Camden's comments. I'd have dressed her in a more brand-fitting ballerina outfit (something Bimini-esque) and lip synced to either Swinging London Town by a girlband called Girls Aloud or another household classic Covered in Punk by Portobella. Talk about missing the mark.

Not as impressive, this bunch. Yes to Angeria. Both bottom queens looked like they were going to end up in the bottom even before the talent show. Deja Skye is a rubbish name. I hope she goes next.

I'm appalled that we will be haunted by the voice of Kandy Muse for an entire season more if we want to sit through Untucked.

queens seem nice, but underwhelming compared to the first seven. boring talent show. if only orion had been in this semi :evil:

oh and someone slew the lipsynch? must've been dozing... though i'm not sure anyone apart from a latrice could've made falling work.

ps not sure if i prefer checked-out rupaul or all-in rupaul.

sidebar: someone said angeria looks like the creatures from avatar at my viewing. still not sure if it was a mean thing to say. whiff of jaida the essence of beauty :eyes: hall too.
she's definitely the highlight of the bunch but also treading no new ground whatsoever.

I prefer Jorgeous over Angeria, but both excellent.

Camden obviously won't make it to the top, but I like her.

The rest of this episode was very average.

A bit of a rum bunch and daft to have lip sync after lip sync in the talent show, but Angeria is a dream. Camden was alright but the other dancer was much better. Jorgeous didn't do much for me here, it felt a bit dated like the PR queen the week before. We shall see.

I do love all-in Ru - the "breakdown" over the tic tacs was funny and probably an insight into what Raven hears each week :D

Alicia was a bore (surprise), they should have just doubled Lizzo's fee and kept her in the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom