S14 E13: The Ross Mathews Roast

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
This was fun, breezy episode. No trauma talk just some good ol’ drag race. No one was so awful, Deja was the worst followed by Jorgeous and Daya.

The lipsync song was strong and Daya easily won it. The other two were past their expiration date but they also left very graciously like they knew it.

Bosco, Willow, Camden and Daya had great runways.

I’m guessing Daya is out next week before the finale.

"Michelle translates into 'Beautiful' and Visage translates into 'Just kidding'" :D That actually killed me

A much needed episode to shed all that deadweight. It's like they got sick of Jorgeous not delivering so they just unceremoniously BIFFED her out with Deja lol

The producers really said “all the people we wanted to bomb for weeks and have finally done so … GET THEM OUT NOW”

A smart call too as Jorgeous would have probably done well in next week’s challenge and if she made the finale, we were risking a WIN if it’s lipsync for the crown.

WELL! That would've felt like a bit of a cruel twist so late on, if it hadn't been those two going home. After all the shit I've given Daya for being a horrid cunt, she's been alright since Jasmine went and has proven that she really deserves to be there (for one more week).

Deja has been dreadful for ... well, Deja has been dreadful. I don't KNOW how serious she's being about being a lipsync assassin or smashing Snatch Game or everything else, because she only has one clenched-jaw facial expression. That roast was definitely the worst by a mile, and another uniconically crap runway.

I was amused when they kept going on about how FAR they're come - they were still literally half the queens left :D. In that sense it was quite EXCITING that we are abruptly at a final 5 now.

Jorgeous - well she was sort of cracking under the pressure, it didn't come over well, more like she was just over it, but in Untucked she was relieved, so I guess it's all good. I have been thinking for a while now "Ooh I'm excited to see what she does on All Stars" because she is REALLY going to be booked and blessed.

As for the rest, I did cackle out loud at Bosco, Willow and to some extent Camden, so I was fine with the judging. Willow could've taken the win I think, but she got hit by Bosco's redemption arc I guess.

1) Camden - I think she's probably getting the crown at this rate, she's a great lipsyncer and dancer, and she's funny, her runways are great, and she's just lovable. The Ballerina look was great too, even if the appliques on her face looked a bit like glittery scabs in Untucked.

2) Willow - She finally found her funny bone, I think humour-wise I'm probably somewhere between her dark absurdity and Bosco's dry delivery (kinda like your vagina okrrr), and the runway was really great.

3) BOSCO! - Well she's back to likeable Bosco at least, and she won the roast for sure. The runway was a good idea but the saws looked a bit cardboardy and bent to me, but still. Loved her roast hair too. A worthy top 4

4) Anjeria - I feel bad, she's run out of steam. Ru loves her, but I'm finding it hard to see her winning - the comedy is better unscripted, and her lipsyncs are always a bit odd - I think it's those weird contacts that make her look boss-eyed and detached.

5) Daya - I love Jorgeous but I was sort of rooting for Daya, it didn't feel right for her to go this time, and she has turned a corner attitude-wise, now it seems some of her insecurity is falling away and not being projected on Jasmine. I didn't live for the lip sync, but I could've said that for any of the three!

The producers really said “all the people we wanted to bomb for weeks and have finally done so … GET THEM OUT NOW”

A smart call too as Jorgeous would have probably done well in next week’s challenge and if she made the finale, we were risking a WIN if it’s lipsync for the crown.

Yeah totally agree - I feel a bit horrid but I was enjoying the roast for the fun jokes from the top 3 (Anjie was also there) and prospect of FINALLY my worst two in the bottom

My posts look so much longer on my phone :shy:

Anyway Jorgeous made a very :o point that she has lip synced 5 times but only actually sent ONE queen home (Orion)

:wownic:

Thank heavens for a song that allowed Daya to channel her RAGE :D

I was ready to be so pissed off if they saved Jorgeous again. Whatever they saw in her, I just couldn't see it. I don't even think she was a terribly interesting lip syncer. She can dance, sure, but her face was always just a BLANK SLATE. Beyond that she really wasn't giving me anything at all. Not one of her looks was particularly memorable. That one funny read of Bosco was pretty much her sole contribution.

Pit Stop was ROUGH - yes I know I keep moaning about Monet and I don't have to watch it but ... I sort of do, it's kind of part of the ritual now like Race Chaser (Fashion Photo Ruview I'm more likely to watch while I do the washing up just to stop YouTube bugging me about it)

Monet wants to see Daya do GLAM. I'm not sure I've ever seen Monet do glam so sure

Last edited:
4) Anjeria - I feel bad, she's run out of steam. Ru loves her, but I'm finding it hard to see her winning - the comedy is better unscripted, and her lipsyncs are always a bit odd - I think it's those weird contacts that make her look boss-eyed and detached.

If someone does her on Snatch game (hopefully Tammie on All Stars 7), I hope they paint eyes on their eyelids and do the whole thing eyes shut.

Anyway, you were my first thought at that shot of her whilst being introduced. It was quite something. Her eyes are like what being hypnotised by a snake looks like.

Watching Michelle reactions to people stumbling in the roast, I couldn’t stop thinking of this

I don't remember the exact comment Michelle said, but I do feel she were, I don't even know, but it was helpful to one of the contestants in giving them a better punchline. However, I actually laughed at Lady Camden's ass echo joke in the rehearsal and thought on stage the repeats didn't really work, and that she would have been a better contender for the win had she just hit home with one or two more of the quality she was already giving.

There were some great lines, it’s quite tiring how production wants to make the real show about how silent they can make it look when they want a bomb storyline.

It’s weird, the judges mostly reacted kindly to everything, Ru in particular, so the silence mostly came from the other queens - no doubt they just used stock footage of them waiting or just muted them

It’s the way she casually walks off at the end after delivering a minute of the most deranged stream of consciousness nonsense, like “yep, that’ll do it”.

I don’t mean to be a prude, but I don’t like the way Drag Race consistently promotes smoking weed as something positive.

(And it’s from my position as a now former, yet very recent drug addict that I say that)

I can’t speak to your experience but it is legal in most places.

And no we don’t need to sanitise drag further by not mentioning a legal drug, unless we’re also going to prohibit mentions of drinking and smoking.

Also it REALLY HELPS HER CALM DOWN!

Indeed, hasn't she claimed that her behaviour on season six was partially down to the show NOT letting her have her weed?

To be honest, I hadn’t even considered the legal position outside of the UK. I thought it was strange how they got away with talking about it so much! Jorgeous saying she couldn’t wait to have a blunt makes much more sense now if it’s legal in America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom