Sally Shapiro

JET BOY

PERVERSE
How is there not a thread on her already

If you like Bertine Zetlitz/Margeret Berger/Roisin Murphys new stuff I definately think you'll love Sally

I'll Be By Your Side is one of the most gorgeous songs I've heard in ages, I love the key change at the end, and the vocals are perfect

Will gmail if anybody wants

Is the album worth getting, I have a few tracks on mp3, but paying a tenner for about 8 songs seems a bit steep by my cheapskate standards

Just listened to it on myspace. Her voice lacks depth and character. Roisin she ain't.

Production nice enough though. Very Breakfast Club

So important I wrote it twice...

Last edited:
Her voice being like that is kind of the point, I think it works really well, she sounds surprisingly emotive on IBBYS in particular considering she doesn't put a lot of emotion in

The last chorus is quite sad

Being the point doesn't make it good though!

Anyway it's just an opinion. I like my electropop with a bit more meat. I relate that kind of voice to Nina Persson or Emiliana Torrini. I'd like to hear her with a guitar in tow

Last edited:
I see she counts Mylene Farmer as an influence. I really should check out that woman some day...

I had some kind of Christmas song by her (if I'm thinking of the right woman). Krust originally posted it, I think.

Yes, she is AWESOME. Love her to bits. Sally Shapiro is actually a band made together of some guy writing the songs and a very publicity shy girl, who obviously does the vocals. Sorry I can't be arsed to be more SPECIFIC. :D The light airy vocals are the whole point - trying to recreate the whole Italo-disco sound, innit?!

Also, the album is sehr gut but rather hard to get a hold of.

I quite like By Your Side and I Know, but I'm not sure how well it would stretch over an album, even one that's only seven songs and two remixes long.

You can get the album off amazon for about a tenner

Does anybody fancy gmailing Anorak Christmas for me? I thought I had it but I can't find it on my computer

Were there any mixes for I'll Be By Your Side? I would like to hear them lots

Sally is ace. I absolutely love her voice, it brims with melancholy charm.

I don't have the album (yet), but here's a handful of remixes which might be of interest if you're a fan:

Sally Shapiro - I'll Be By Your Side (Rude66 808 Remix)

Sally Shapiro - I Know (SLL Dub Mix)

Sally Shapiro - Anorak Christmas (Dyylan Remix)

Also, there's a girl called Cloetta Paris who is apparently the latest recipient of material from Johan (the guy behind Sally), and someone else. The similarities are clearly evident in 'I Miss You Someone'. She's also done a cover of 'St Elmo's Fire'. Enjoy!

Cloetta Paris - I Miss You Someone

Cloetta Paris - St Elmo's Fire

Oh Spuggie. Whoever you are, you just got yourself a 10 from me in the next moopyrate

I Miss You Someone by Cloetta Paris is pretty damn awesome! The verses ar like a scandi-pop version of Say It Right by Nelly Furtado :D

Funky missing the point ENTIRELY I see

Sally Shapiro is all kinds of fabulousness - even without powerhouse diva vocals :|

I shall investigate Cloetta post haste despite everpres' somewhat hysterical HYPERBOLE

Last edited:
I listened to one song in the g and was absolutely underwhelmed

New video "hold me so tight", so I assume this will be a single

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVNTgGw1Zfs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVNTgGw1Zfs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

MP3s

Johan Agebjörn f/Sally Shapiro: spacer woman from mars
http://20jazzfunkgreats.blogspot.com/2007/08/science-fiction-double-feature.html

hold me so tight (kimono kops remix)
+ he keeps me alive
http://this.bigstereo.net/2007/08/09/sally-shapiro-4/

how weird is it that i'm seeing this thread for the very first time

sally is ace, yes

Being the point doesn't make it good though!

Anyway it's just an opinion. I like my electropop with a bit more meat. I relate that kind of voice to Nina Persson or Emiliana Torrini. I'd like to hear her with a guitar in tow

OMG WHAT A DREADFUL OPINION

I have the US version of the album now. It's LOVELY. He Keeps Me Alive is a particular fave.

Any word on Cloetta? I still only have I Miss You Someone from her.

That's Cloetta's very best, but the other 3 tracks that are floating around by her are all worthy.

GMail's given me nothing but hassle these past few weeks. I chucked some stuff in their last week only for the tracks to cut out half way through :manson:

I'll give em a bash after dinner when it's a bit quieter.

Cloetta's tracks are quite easy to find online if you have a quick dick about VoR, just search Cloetta Paris free mp3 on google, or try hypem.com. Save Your Love is my favourite. It reminds me slightly of a italo Corona, which is definitely no bad thing

I'd g them myself, but gmail absolutely hates me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom