Saturday DIES in a BLIZZARD

Do you do a full english?

Not today sorry. But yes, sometimes I do. I told office lady that I have fried potato cakes with Sunday breakfast instead of toast or fried bread. That night she tried them because they were having breakfast tea and according to her and her husband they're a game changer.

I've never had sourdough! Does it taste like sour bread?

To varying degrees, it uses natural yeast and ferments a bit. I made this with a starter I was given months ago, thats just sat in the fridge, so this was very strong as I just gave it one feed and then made bread from some of it. Its proper delicious toasted with salty butter. I've eaten half of that and now can't move.

I need a load of pine cones for a craft so I've been out in the storm looking for some. But can I find any?!

But is it like bread? Do you eat it on its own or with butter on or make into sandwiches or toast?

I'm not a massive fan of bread, I eat it but only because you can't have fish finger butties without it. I enjoy hot malted granary toast with butter and golden syrup on but only once or twice a year because it really isn't good for my teeth.
You can do pretty much anything you would with plastic bread with it, but it is different. Whenever I buy (or occasionally make) a loaf at least half of it always just gets eaten immediately with butter or oil and vinegar.

We have a woman a few roads away who has a home business making it, and I'll get a loaf on Fridays sometimes. One of my favourite things to do with whatever remains on Saturday is to toast it, and have it with some tinned sardines fried with lemon and garlic.

You can do pretty much anything you would with plastic bread with it, but it is different. Whenever I buy (or occasionally make) a loaf at least half of it always just gets eaten immediately with butter or oil and vinegar.

We have a woman a few roads away who has a home business making it, and I'll get a loaf on Fridays sometimes. One of my favourite things to do with whatever remains on Saturday is to toast it, and have it with some tinned sardines fried with lemon and garlic.
I loved tinned sardines on griddled sourdough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom