Saturday night and it really is just very cold

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm gonna get drunk tonight IF:

I complete a job application and do four lesson plans today.

*gets drunk anyway having done even less*

Last edited:
I'm going to pack for my holiday. And then go to my mum's to help her with her never ending supply of wine.

Morning!

Went to the gym, did half an hour of cardio then couldn’t be arsed to do weights so came home and put some Debbie Gibson on instead. I stand by my choices.

Off to do my first escape room today in two years :david:

It’s in Salisbury where I’ve not been before, so that’s also exciting.

Salisbury is lovely. Lots of nice cafes and a couple of good second hand record shops, too.

Morning! Mr F's surprise birthday meal this afternoon, hopefully it'll go smoothly after the various problems I had organising the bloody thing. His mum and sister aren't coming but they're bitches who won't be missed anyway. Managing to get his childhood best friend to come will more than make up for their absence although they'll probably end up back at our house which isn't childproof in any way, shape or form.

I’m deffos not giving up booze but my energy, mood and waist are all loving the sobriety. I havent been mardy for ages, I’m awake and full of energy even after eating a load of weed jelly last night and I was out fixing the broken bulbs in the car first thing. I’m annoying myself tbh

I feel like I could give up alcohol if I did drugs. I don't see how any functioning human can survive life with no alcohol or drugs.

I feel like I could give up alcohol if I did drugs. I don't see how any functioning human can survive life with no alcohol or drugs.

Don't get me wrong I love a glass of wine but I could happily never get drunk again. The after-effects are rotten. Even if I get super stoned I wake up a bit groggy but one coffee and a stretch later and I'm fine. A good hangover lasts a day.

I think I have it down to a FINE ART on how much drink I can consume without getting a hangover, but don’t get me wrong it really isn’t ALL THAT MUCH.

That's the application mostly done. Just need to create lesson plans for the Vietnam Legacy, Introduction to the Holocaust, the Korea war and pre-Tudor intellectual ideas.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I love a glass of wine but I could happily never get drunk again. The after-effects are rotten. Even if I get super stoned I wake up a bit groggy but one coffee and a stretch later and I'm fine. A good hangover lasts a day.
Yeah the hangovers definitely put me off getting too drunk. But I've also seen some "friends" do a lot of weed and now they're super paranoid and can't function without doing it daily.

I think I have it down to a FINE ART on how much drink I can consume without getting a hangover, but don’t get me wrong it really isn’t ALL THAT MUCH.
I don't think the amount I can drink before getting a hangover has particularly changed as I've got older, but the duration and intensity of the hangovers certainly has.

Yeah the hangovers definitely put me off getting too drunk. But I've also seen some "friends" do a lot of weed and now they're super paranoid and can't function without doing it daily.
Thats more down to the person than the weed, to be honest

Well they do both have mental health/violence problems so yeah, you're probably right.
Well that's where it all gets messy, because it can very much be a chicken/egg situation.

And in my experience, an absolute fucker to address, because people just get pushed between drug services and mental health services and fall through the cracks. And those cracks are just a gaping chasm now anyway. THANKS AUSTERITY BRITAIN.

I know I am biased, but legalisation done properly would assign funds to address that problem. Of course a Tory version would be a complete fuck up. I kind of don't want them to oversee it. The Greens have the best cannabis regulation approach, direct funding for health care, harm reduction and wider drug services, and minimum amounts of CBD in end products to counter some of the potential risk of harm to those susceptible.

Reactions: RJN
I quite like a hangover. Gives me an excuse to do nothing all day and maybe eat a takeaway. Neither of which I otherwise never would.

Anyway, I’m also quite enjoying Dry January at the moment, but fuck no, not forever.

I

Just been for a lovely stroll and vegan brunch with a friend and then decided impromptu to go to a little area with eight charity shops for a record mooch. Didn’t see a single record that wasn’t a shit 50s Granny record. So depressing.

Weed just makes me tired

Pointless unless I fancy a nap, I’d rather just keep drinking

I love weed, but I'm too lazy to source it - which is probably for the best.

Mr F won't go and get ready, I'm sure he's doing it on purpose.

Also, why is it necessary to print the word "Vegan" on the packaging of pre-prepared melon chunks? Are they insinuating that Vegans/Veggies don't know that melon is a fruit? What next? "Gluten Free" on bottled water?

Mr F won't go and get ready, I'm sure he's doing it on purpose.

Also, why is it necessary to print the word "Vegan" on the packaging of pre-prepared melon chunks? Are they insinuating that Vegans/Veggies don't know that melon is a fruit? What next? "Gluten Free" on bottled water?

I only like melon that has been thrown at a cow first.

Last weekend I had a go on one of my friend’s weed pens that she smuggled back from the US and oh christ I was fucked.

Well that's where it all gets messy, because it can very much be a chicken/egg situation.

And in my experience, an absolute fucker to address, because people just get pushed between drug services and mental health services and fall through the cracks. And those cracks are just a gaping chasm now anyway. THANKS AUSTERITY BRITAIN.
Well the husband has received very good support from the mental health team but he's not interested. He's taken himself off meds and just does weed. And the wife won't ever admit she has issues, she just buries her head in the sand and posts happy memes all day.

What feeling do you get from weed? I've never actually done it :angel:

Is it at all comparable to being drunk?

I don't think the amount I can drink before getting a hangover has particularly changed as I've got older, but the duration and intensity of the hangovers certainly has.

If I am going out for a night out with friends then I can almost GUARANTEE I will be out of the game the next day as I am a GREEDY BITCH, but at home I can casually get through a couple of bottles of wine and can fully function the next day. I don’t as I often have to drive, but today I will probably partake in A FAIR BIT.

Weed is so much better than alcohol. No hangovers, helps me sleep, makes me like music more, I can workout on it, cheaper, never causes me to throw up

What feeling do you get from weed? I've never actually done it :angel:

Is it at all comparable to being drunk?
I think its different for everyone, but being high just makes me "think" more and relaxes me. Its a different feeling than being drunk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom