Scotland: The Humza Yousaf Year & a bit

Tory motion of no confidence in Yousaf is just for shits and giggles, has no legal consequence. Just political.

The Labour motion is in the government, and does have legal consequence. If it passed, every government minister is compelled to immediately resign, and parliament has 28 days to confirm a new first minister or an election is automatically called. They could also vote by 2/3rds to call that election without waiting the full 28 days.

Thankyou for explaining that for me. I find it all so confusing. Am I evil in hoping for the outcome that causes the most drama to see how it plays out? :cautious:

Well, sort of. She'll be accepting a position that allow her to push her transphobic, anti-choice agenda, no doubt.

Anas Sarwar is such a cunt. Absolutely no principles whatsoever. He's like that team leader who thinks the place will fall to bits without him and actually, everyone heaves a sigh of relief when he disappears one day after making an unwanted advance on a 19 year old at the Christmas do.

Well, sort of. She'll be accepting a position that allow her to push her transphobic, anti-choice agenda, no doubt.
I'd much rather have her bound by collective responsibility as, I assume, finance secretary, than fighting another leadership campaign and possibly winning

Rumour mill suggests Swinney might have brokered a deal where she will be offered Deputy Leader.

As a separate aside - I do like Swinney and thought he should have stood during the last leadership ballot. Not sure how much of that is how much he reminds me of my dad though - this is the same reason baby Tetris was so fond of John Major (who my dad tragically resembled in his mid thirties thanks to premature greying and goofy nineties specs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom