Scottish politics thread (including 2021 Holyrood elections, potential IndyRef2, and SNP leadership contest)

What will they do? Coalition with the Greens?
They're is a slim path tomorrow for a majority but I wouldn't bet on it now. So it will likely be confidence and supply with Greens but the idea of a coalition has been floated

I think the wider media have difficulty understanding that the structure of how the Scottish parliament is elected makes an overall majority particularly difficult. If it was 129 constituency seats, it would be a different ball game.

That said, Dumbarton can fuck off.

Yes, there's always the potential of the national media trying to spin no majority as a hung parliament kind of thing, when the way the Scottish Parliament is set up means that majorities are actually the outlier.

Yes, there's always the potential of the national media trying to spin no majority as a hung parliament kind of thing, when the way the Scottish Parliament is set up means that majorities are actually the outlier.

This is what I'm expecting. However it goes, there will be attempts to spin the election as a failure with the focus on Sturgeon as an individual.

Reactions: COB
Getting results again. Only interesting seat is Aberdeenshire West that needs to flip for the SNP to have a pathway to a majority.

It isn't looking likely.

@BBCPhilipSim: BBC projection of seat totals - SNP 63, Con 31, Lab 22, Green 9, Lib Dem 4

Can any of the Scots explain how you have never managed to have a woman of colour MSP until now?

Can any of the Scots explain how you have never managed to have a woman of colour MSP until now?
It's only our 7th election, we don't have as large a minority population as much of the UK and we've had a woman problem in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom