Scream 5

This is a poll

• Total voters

vespertine

God damn it Claude
A new instalment of the 'Scream' horror franchise will follow a woman returning to her home town to try to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes.

The first one NOT to be directed by Wes Craven. Kevin Williamson is producing, Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, and Marley Shelton (who?) are returning.

“I had been really apprehensive about doing another one,” Neve Campbell told Jamie Lee Curtis in Variety’s special “House of Horror” conversation. “People had asked in the past whether I would do another one without Wes or whether I would make another one. I always felt like it’d be too difficult to do it without Wes. He was the master of these films. He did such a beautiful job on them. We were a family.”

“They actually wrote me a letter and they said they basically are directors because of these films,” Campbell says. “They are directors because of Wes Craven and they’re really so excited to be a part of these films and what an honour it is to do them, and that they really want to do justice to Wes and honour his legacy.” That meant a lot. That letter meant a lot to me. Then I went and watched one their films and it’s brilliant and in keeping in tone. So I thought, ‘You know what, I can do this.’ I think this could be a lot of fun and a good idea. These are people who are doing it for the love of these films. So that meant something.”

VeBPhx9.jpg

I really liked 4 too.

Always here for more scream.

Marley played Hicks, the new Sherrif deputy in 4.

so no Kirby :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

There is a wonderful little video interview between Jamie Lee and Neve Doing the rounds from Variety

EDIT: oh there are literally quotes from it in the OP. Nevermind.

Last edited:
That poster is just fan made though, not official

Hicks returning is a bit disappointing but at least it means they are including Scream 4.

I’m sure this will be great. I just hope we don’t see Neve in the opening scene :D

Marley played Hicks, the new Sherrif deputy in 4.

so no Kirby :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

There is a wonderful little video interview between Jamie Lee and Neve Doing the rounds from Variety

EDIT: oh there are literally quotes from it in the OP. Nevermind.
I was REALLY hoping Kirby would make another appearance. She was the best thing in Scream 4 and she clearly didn't die. Hicks is definitely getting the pre-credits treatment, isn't she?

Also, that poster is fucking AMAZING. The fact that it's by the guys behind Ready or Not is giving me a lot of hope that this one will be a bit of a return to form.

Yeah, it's an amazing poster but I'm now expecting to be disappointed when we get the first official one :eyes:

I really can't wait for this, Scream 4 was such an unexpected treat. I really hope they don't kill off any of the main trio - I like that yet another way Scream inverts the slasher tropes is by having the protagonists survive and return rather than the killer.

Yeah, it's an amazing poster but I'm now expecting to be disappointed when we get the first official one :eyes:

I really can't wait for this, Scream 4 was such an unexpected treat. I really hope they don't kill off any of the main trio - I like that yet another way Scream inverts the slasher tropes is by having the protagonists survive and return rather than the killer.
I wouldn’t mind a different main character with the big three basically coming in as consultants. Sidney has had seven different serial killers coming after her at this point which is already quite ridiculous. A film where she’s not the primary target would be an interesting twist.

I was REALLY hoping Kirby would make another appearance. She was the best thing in Scream 4 and she clearly didn't die. Hicks is definitely getting the pre-credits treatment, isn't she?

Also, that poster is fucking AMAZING. The fact that it's by the guys behind Ready or Not is giving me a lot of hope that this one will be a bit of a return to form.
There has been such a strong calling for Kirby from the fans and I can’t imagine Hayden is too busy? Maybe they’re keeping her return under wraps. Yes, I’m blindly clinging onto hope.

I don’t want to be the bringer of any spoilers because I’m avoiding everything about it to be honest but I have read who the pre credit kill is rumoured to be.

I’m just excited for another instalment, I too am glad they’re acknowledging 4 and are continuing the story rather than opting for a reboot or remake.

I love Neve Campbell and see her as the Jamie Lee if Scream so glad she’s returned, keep her alive! As @COB said I love that the protagonists survive and the killers change but the continuity of Ghostface keeps that same familiar feeling running through them all.

Reactions: COB
I wouldn’t mind a different main character with the big three basically coming in as consultants. Sidney has had seven different serial killers coming after her at this point which is already quite ridiculous. A film where she’s not the primary target would be an interesting twist.
I would argue she wasn’t the primary target in 4, I think 4 was a very clever take on the whole thing with Sidney just being a vehicle.

My only bugbear is the film slate is calling it “Scream”. I know “Scream 5” looks a bit silly, but just calling it Scream when it isn’t a reboot feels annoying to me.

Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Scream 4
Scream

:kim:

Another Rose McGowan decapitation plz

I still can't wait though. Such a generation defining franchise.

I can't believe someone from my hometown is also starring in this. Yay Melissa REPRESENT.

My only bugbear is the film slate is calling it “Scream”. I know “Scream 5” looks a bit silly, but just calling it Scream when it isn’t a reboot feels annoying to me.

Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Scream 4
Scream

:kim:

Maybe they could stylized it as 5cream, but even that's terrible.

Loving Courtney's Gale's red business woman special.

Guys is Scream 4 available on any platforms at the moment?

I wanna watch it again. I remember absolutely nothing about it bizarrely, but I do remember enjoying it. I’ve enjoyed them all.

Just been on a live Scream Reunion stream with Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Skeet Ulrich, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan, Jamie Kennedy and Kevin Williamson.

It was AMAZING, they were just talking about memories from filming and the legacy of the film, so so good.

It was a fundraiser for breast cancer charities, you could also buy a 90 second 1-2-1 with any of them for 90$ (!) I did not do that.

She had a cast on her arm and looked extremely thin but yes, she was probably the most chatty of them all.

I haven't seen 4 after the TRAIN WRECK that was Scream 3 (Parkey Posey and her gruesome death excepted), I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking but is it worth the effort?

Scream 4 is my third favourite. There were a ton of good scenes but the uncertain fate of Kirby and its unwillingness to go all in on a horror trend (Is it a remake? Is it found footage?) sort of dampened it a bit. Also, I just wish they'd have killed one of the big three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom