Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure (AOTY-winning feminist pop icon)

That's quite a turnaround isn't it? I don't remember her seeming particularly favoured when the nominations were announced.

She does seem to have a fair bit of momentum behind her currently though.

She seems to be reaching a different audience in the last few months - the interview on Woman's Hour sparked interest in some of the less usual places, she's done the festivals with success and the broadsheets have started talking to her (her soundtracking Jodie Comer's play "Prima Facie" seems to have been the lead in for folk who didn't want to seem late to the party).

I may need to have a YouTube binge. A slightly kindred spirit I follow on instagram is forever featuring their music in their own stories and 1 or 2 have really struck out.

Ok finally exposed to the principle of Self Esteem's pleasure on Graham Norton. Yes, they are v.good to put it mild and I'll have to hunt the album down soon.

Saw her live tonight and she was brilliant, didn't realise just how good her vocals were and loved the routines with her and her dancers :D

I had to sell my tickets for the Barrowlands gig because I'd done my back in and couldn't stand up for long enough to go. :shy:

Saw her live tonight and she was brilliant, didn't realise just how good her vocals were and loved the routines with her and her dancers :D
Was it last night she brought out Mr Blobby? Just iconic. Saw her a few weeks ago in Manchester and it was euphoric

Was it last night she brought out Mr Blobby? Just iconic. Saw her a few weeks ago in Manchester and it was euphoric
Was in London apparently, sadly missed out on that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom