Sentia

I heard a professor speaking about it on a podcast with Will Young and it got me very interested.

An alternative to alcohol that gives you the feeling of being tipsy without getting blind drunk. Plus the added advantages of no hangovers or liver damage.

My drinking these days is very occasional. Only the odd glass here and there. Mainly because I can't stand the after effects of drinking, both physically and mentally.

I've never heard of it, but what an interesting concept! Basically the same as the 'synthehol' they have in Star Trek :D

The guy who created it, Prof Nutt, was the one sacked by the government when he was head of the ACMD for saying MDMA and LSD were less dangerous than alcohol, and refusing to back down when he got told off.

Since then he's been on a bit of a mission to recreate the effects of alcohol without essentially ingesting a poison. From what I know, he's got far more powerful stuff in the works but getting it cleared is impossible because of the NPS, anything other than alcohol, caffeine and tobacco is ILLEGAL under this fucking stupid law, so this is made up of plants.

I've not tried it yet, I've been promised a free bottle to review but he's probably forgot.

The guy who created it, Prof Nutt, was the one sacked by the government when he was head of the ACMD for saying MDMA and LSD were less dangerous than alcohol, and refusing to back down when he got told off.

Since then he's been on a bit of a mission to recreate the effects of alcohol without essentially ingesting a poison. From what I know, he's got far more powerful stuff in the works but getting it cleared is impossible because of the NPS, anything other than alcohol, caffeine and tobacco is ILLEGAL under this fucking stupid law, so this is made up of plants.

I've not tried it yet, I've been promised a free bottle to review but he's probably forgot.
I had no idea he was behind it. I'd seen it before but written it off, but knowing he is, I'm far more inclined to check it out.

Last edited:

The jury is out on whether it actually works, but they seem to have forgotten that itā€™s supposed to taste nice. Think Iā€™ll be giving it a miss on that basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom