Severance (Apple)

Jark

User
anyone watching this? it's highly acclaimed and getting quite a bit of buzz. Mark Scott stars as somebody who chooses to have his home life memories removed while at work, and vice versa ("severance"). the fabulous Patricia Arquette co-stars. I've just finished the first episode and it's a real banger.

directed by Ben Stiller. lots of gorgeously symmetrical shots of creepy office buildings. really excited to dive in...

It’s really good. The finale in particular is probably one of the best tv episodes ever.

I have concerns about the second season but that finale makes it worth it even if it goes to shit.

OK PERCHED! I've read people saying the season as a whole is one of the best seasons of TV in a few years.

It’s really good. The finale in particular is probably one of the best tv episodes ever.

I have concerns about the second season but that finale makes it worth it even if it goes to shit.

Almost this exactly, the whole thing built so brilliantly throughout that I’m not sure how they can come back to it in S2 but they’ve already delivered the best first season of any show for many years.

I just watched the first episode and I'm really intrigued by it. I have no idea where its going :D But I like it and want to watch more

I'm 3 episodes in and its really good. I'm trying not to read any spoilers for the final episode, since its apparently so good. Also the final moments of Six Feet Under, which I'll watch one day

if anyone's still on the fence, the AMAZING opening credits sequence should seal it

:disco:

@Jark how far are you? I just finished episode 4 and they keep getting better and better

I just finished the season. I don’t love the ending but I’ve been gripped throughout.

@Jark how far are you? I just finished episode 4 and they keep getting better and better
just finished ep 3. it's becoming more tense and more camp, which I love. the out-of-Lumon stuff is very thrillerish noir, it's giving me notes of Fincher in places :disco: Patricia is having a blast!

• Love
Reactions: RJN
This is slower than I’d like to be honest. I planned on binge watching yesterday but only got through episodes 3-4 and switched to something else.

John Turturro is however excellent in this.

The season finale was incredible. The time went by so fast, as you spent the the episode terrified that they were going to slip back.

Sorry, this was DULL. The last episode is only when it started getting good… and then it ended. That whole season could have been done in 2-3 episodes.

dull? :D :D :D

I loved this. I will say though that after a very mysterious and creepy first 4 or 5 episodes, it started to tip over into campy. which was not unwelcome, but also felt a bit more obvious than the atmosphere they had built up to that point.

and some plot mechanisms didn't make that much sense. like, the four of them are locked down to their immediate office space as punishment, but nobody is watching to check that they don't escape? and nobody can see them infiltrate the control room? Harmony is sacked by the board but they don't install a replacement, so the entire floor is being watched only by Milchick??? essentially it all became a touch sillier than it needed to be.

still, incredible cast, character building and visuals. Helly is a real star and Christopher Walken and Patricia Arquette were both absolutely killing it. even the smaller roles like Ms. Casey were just delicious. I'm really looking forward to season 2, but hope they bring it back from the edge of overt camp.

I just binged this over a couple of days. What a gripping ending!

When is season 2 coming out?

This was BRILLIANT. I’ll sign back up to Apple when season 2 comes out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom