Favourite UP! Shania?

Red

7C1FD88E-892F-4E37-9C66-8F27996702EB.jpeg

Green

D25B0F7D-5E2A-438F-87E9-4ADD1D0D4F1D.jpeg

Blue

5E2444B3-A189-4AB5-95E4-E72DEECA2B3D.jpeg

the blue cover :D :D :D not in '22, honey

green is the only version for me. maybe for Ka-Ching! and Getcha Good I'd take the red versions. but most of the pop versions are pretty lifeless.

The half-arsed cropping is killing me. :D She was literally one of the biggest stars in the world at the time!

And yes, the Blue version is jaw droppingly bad. Half of it sounds like they just played her vocal takes from the red version over the 'Bollywood' setting on a Bontempi organ. :D

1. Green
2. Red (shania’s version)
3. Blue

if I remember correctly, blue was not widely available in America, but I was so excited to find it

I remember being so enraged that the U.K. was getting the Red/Blue versions and Green was only available via import which were insanely expensive at the time.

1. Green
2. Red (shania’s version)
3. Blue

if I remember correctly, blue was not widely available in America, but I was so excited to find it

I remember only seeing the Red/Green version of the album in every single store which I eventually bought and it included a small paper slip with a code where you could download the Blue version from her official website.
Needless to say, I did and promptly deleted it, given how awful it was (even back then!)

The whole concept of different areas getting different versions is so outdated

Maybe Now would have sold a little better if she'd released an alternative version featuring GONG MIXES for the all-important Asian market. :(
This made me curious to see what Now has sold, and it seems it's sold 600,000 copies worldwide (according to Wikipedia anyway). That's not terrible right? I mean obviously no Adele etc but considering she had an 84 year break, I think it's pretty good

It felt like it very much came and went, but I think there was always a relatively low ceiling on what a Shania Twain album was likely to shift in 2017.

Cultural appropriation aside, the blue cover is AWFUL. Looks like they've caught her on a night out on the toilet.
‘And then I told him…GERROUT and STAYOUT! Oh there’s no roll in here, babes?’

this is what my cd cover looked like. Was the UK one different?
That was the UK one too. But I think the red and blue covers were inside or something?

Europe did have a different cover than the US for Come On Over, though (and I prefer the European one!).

Reactions: RJN
the American cover of Come On Over is absolutely baffling :D it's like a precursor to Natasha Bedingfield's notorious NB. with bonus text from MS Paint.
her skin color matching the background color exactly is the best part

I remember someone at school had been to the US and had that cover and tracklist, and I didn't even know there was a different (original) version and was very :o :o
I was that kid at my school, except I hadn't gone to the UK, just a big CD store at the mall, and nobody cared about Shania as much as me

this is what my cd cover looked like. Was the UK one different?

We had that one too, but I also seem to recall it was rereleased with one disk and this cover at some point too

7762A31F-A701-4BC3-BB18-A92FB6125B59.jpeg

Anyway I listened to the well thought out multicultural world version yesterday and yes of course it's diabolical and borderline offensive, but my original memory stands true - there's something about that cheap sultry beat that improves Forever and For Always for me. Maybe because I disliked it at the time when there were far better songs (and most ballads!) on the album, but it's an accidentally lovely version. Almost...rhythmic and way fun?!

The rest...not so much :D The way When You Kiss Me becomes this Indian-style banger for god's sake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom