"She said YES!" Thursday

I'm finally on my much waited for break.

I'm exhausted! I have to complete my PGCE research writing over this six day period. Thankfully the research experiment largely failed, so I have plenty to write about.

Morning! I thought I was out of isolation today but it's actually tomorrow, so my big fuck off walk has been postponed for 24 hours.

I’m not entirely sure when I got the lurgy so I’m going for a PCR later and if that negativo I’m taking it as freedom day.

Forgot it was an election day.

As much as I'd like to vote in the North Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner BY ELECTION, I moved house and I'm not sure I got deregistered to vote at my old gaff. OH WELL

I foolishly got a PCR test straight away, so now I'm harassed daily with phone calls, and they can keep tabs on me so they'll know if I sneak out today.

Its 10 days from symptoms though right? Anyway, Ms Ron, despite not having any symptoms all week, has just tested positive on a LFT, so we're not going anywhere. Hmph.

I've gone full covid and just pulled out a sourdough starter from the back of the fridge, its amazing still (very) alive so I've fed it and will be baking this weekend.

Its 10 days from symptoms though right? Anyway, Ms Ron, despite not having any symptoms all week, has just tested positive on a LFT, so we're not going anywhere. Hmph.
I thought so, but it's your first day PLUS ten full days, so I tested positive last Monday and won't be free until tomorrow.

Ok not a total waste of a call, one of the jobs was pretty cool and very well paid but I’m totally under qualified for it, although recruiters do seem especially DESPERATE right now, people have been approaching me on LinkedIn for the most RANDOM JOBS.

Ok not a total waste of a call, one of the jobs was pretty cool and very well paid but I’m totally under qualified for it, although recruiters do seem especially DESPERATE right now, people have been approaching me on LinkedIn for the most RANDOM JOBS.
It's quite a good time to be a jobseeker, to be honest. The government pissed money up the wall on employability schemes thinking the labour market would suffer much more than it has due to Covid, which means employers are battling against these schemes and each other to attract applicants.

It's quite a good time to be a jobseeker, to be honest. The government pissed money up the wall on employability schemes thinking the labour market would suffer much more than it has due to Covid, which means employers are battling against these schemes and each other to attract applicants.

I was amazed the quality of kids on that kickstart, I got a fucking Neuroscientist!

Did you manage to fill it?

A lot of employers have been surprised at the quality of some of the candidates; we've managed to find a lad with a pilot's licence for one of mine.

We listed two placements, the neuroscientist actually contacted me before she'd even got onto UC, because she was gasping to work for us. The other placement is a bit tricky, because it needs a certain type of person/mindset IMO, so I've been really strict on that one, we did offer it to a girl but she went elsewhere. But yeah I'd agree the standards very high, must be tough to qualify with honours from a decent degree and find yourself unable to get a job, I do feel for these kids. I'd employ more if I had the resources.

They only dilated one pupil so I look totally insane, and I’m having to squint to read like when you’re really pissed.

Just go to the bathroom, do some coke, and come back. You’ll look more even

Oh God I thought we had a moopy wedding for a second there!

Obviously the last one doesn't count, it was just some party that some of us weren't invited to.

Omg the phonecalls, texts and emails are insane. I had put my contact details for the children too, so I got three lots :square:

I received NOTHING! And I requested two PCR tests (one by mistake). I never ended up doing either of them in the end, because once I tested twice on the lateral and my smell started acting weird, I knew I had it.

I received NOTHING! And I requested two PCR tests (one by mistake). I never ended up doing either of them in the end, because once I tested twice on the lateral and my smell started acting weird, I knew I had it.

I think the phonecalls are only following a positive PCR test!

I've been tasked with making a homemade vegan nutroast for an American friend's thanksgiving gathering this weekend. I just got half the things in and then realised I don't have a blender for the nuts.

Going ✈️ M&S.

• Haha
Reactions: RJN
Question: if one is making tea, using an electric tea kettle, would you ever put the milk directly into the kettle? My friend just did and I thought it was odd but he said that it was normal. I’ve never seen anyone do it before

Question: if one is making tea, using an electric tea kettle, would you ever put the milk directly into the kettle? My friend just did and I thought it was odd but he said that it was normal. I’ve never seen anyone do it before
What the actual FUCK is this? Do you really think this is something to joke about? FUCKS SAKE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom