Sheena's 2021 Athletics Thread

I always thought the Flo Jo records would be the last to go out of the Griffith-Joyner, Koch and Kratochvilova records. Think Marita’s might last longest now as Athing Mu looks a possibility for 800, if she stays healthy and motivated.

Apparently Eugene has a similar track to Tokyo. We really do have to recalibrate our thinking- times are ludicrous.

Still think it’s ridiculous we’re approaching that 10.49, though. Drug riddled AND massively wind assisted as it was.

Shelly Ann has been AMAZING this year! She literally doesn’t give two fucks. And let’s face it, here she has a point!

What is this about the tracks? I was away during Tokyo - is there talk of the track being somewhat responsible for the amazing times?

I hadn't heard Sha'carri Richardson talk before. I hope I do not again for quite a while.

What is this about the tracks? I was away during Tokyo - is there talk of the track being somewhat responsible for the amazing times?

Yep times/numbers in several disciplines. I'd say also e.g. Triple Jump. Just really quick, bouncy stuff. I'll trust @Sheena to correct me though if I'm wrong. :D

Though Yulimar is such an outstanding athlete, she'd probably have cracked that WR at some point elsewhere anyways.

There has always been 'fast tracks' etc but surely if the track is made of something different/making such a contribution to the performance of the athletes there would be some regulations in place? Although of course its in Athletics best interests to get WR's and to beat the times of supposed historic drugs cheats?

You could see the british athletes were very tired last night - Muir and Hodgkinson. The thing with Hodgekison though is that if you had a british athlete running 1.58 week in week out a couple of years ago we would be satisfied!

Nice to see Dina running solidly too, she was right up there, she just needs a winters training with no injury one feels to be right up amongst it again

There has always been 'fast tracks' etc but surely if the track is made of something different/making such a contribution to the performance of the athletes there would be some regulations in place? Although of course its in Athletics best interests to get WR's and to beat the times of supposed historic drugs cheats?

As I’ve said elsewhere, it’s a combination of the new shoes and the tracks and if that means we are getting new, amazing performances to get rid of the earlier drug ridden performances, that’s great.

But the fact these shoes seem to be doing amazing things far more to the women suggests there’s been a fuckload of steroids going on during lockdown whilst WADA weren’t able to do surprise random testing. :D

As I’ve said elsewhere, it’s a combination of the new shoes and the tracks and if that means we are getting new, amazing performances to get rid of the earlier drug ridden performances, that’s great.

But the fact these shoes seem to be doing amazing things far more to the women suggests there’s been a fuckload of steroids going on during lockdown whilst WADA weren’t able to do surprise random testing. :D

Apologies for my ignorance, but are you hinting that Elaine may be cheating?

I sincerely hope Sydney isnt...she's the one that I thought is a natural TALANT

Well Marion seemed like an all round sporting talent at the time too... not to say Sydney isn’t. I think she and Femke Bol could have a great rivalry, not discounting Muhammad but she’s a fair bit older than them now although will remain a threat for a while yet.

Apologies for my ignorance, but are you hinting that Elaine may be cheating?

I sincerely hope Sydney isnt...she's the one that I thought is a natural TALANT

Elaine is blatant for me, I’m afraid.

As for Sydney, never had anything to suspect her. A well known British coach refers to as “horse jaw”, though, because of her supposedly steroid induced chin :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom