00 Kiss Them For Me
00 Shadowtime
00 Fear (of the Unknown)
00 Face To Face
00 O Baby
00 Stargazer

I have 2 things to say:

1. Siouxsie Sioux is from BROMLEY.
2. The riff from Happy House is the same one later used on Cappella's U Got 2 Know.

Ooh, SoB showing their age a bit there! :o I once added them as one of my favourite artistés on FB, though in all fairness I just own a GH and a handful of their remastered albums released a few years back, never heard quite a few from that list. The early/mid-'80s new wave stuff interests me more than the punk(ish) seventies stuff and the more US R&B-inflicted material from the late '80s/early '90s.

Hearing "Hong Kong Garden" used in the film Marie Antoinette = :disco:

Ooh, SoB showing their age a bit there! :o I once added them as one of my favourite artistés on FB, though in all fairness I just own a GH and a handful of their remastered albums released a few years back, never heard quite a few from that list. The early/mid-'80s new wave stuff interests me more than the punk(ish) seventies stuff and the more US R&B-inflicted material from the late '80s/early '90s.

Hearing "Hong Kong Garden" used in the film Marie Antoinette = :disco:

I'm 27 - Moopy is HARDLY the Twink Crèche :)

It's a fabulous riff. I didn't know that this was the follow up to Big In Japan. I always thought it was Forever Young.

One of those bands I should like a lot more than I do. For some reason they've just never clicked with me.

It's a fabulous riff. I didn't know that this was the follow up to Big In Japan. I always thought it was Forever Young.

This was the single inbetween, a bit overlooked next to the Big Two but still pretty great.

Alphaville did go downhill a bit after the monumental debut album, when one of the members (reportedly the most musically gifted one) left. None of the albums after that are wall-to-wall greatness, though there were still some smashing singles to come ("Dance With Me" and their 2010 comeback single "I Die for You Today" in particular).

Dip in...

08 Honk Kong Harden
06 The Staircase (Mystery)
05 Playground Twist
05 Metal Postcard (Mittageisen)
09 Love In A Void
08 Happy House
10 Christine
10 Israel
09 Spellbound
10 Arabian Knights
09 Fireworks
05 Slowdive
10 Melt!
04 Il Est Né Le Divin Enfant :D
10 Dear Prudence
10 Swimming Horses
11 Dazzle
05 Overground
10 Cities In Dust
09 Candyman
08 This Wheel's On Fire
08 The Passenger
10 Song from the Edge of the World
11 Peek-A-Boo
10 The Killing Jar
10 The Last Beat of My Heart (shhhhh :disco:)
11 Kiss Them For Me
10 Shadowtime
10 Fear (of the Unknown)
11 Face To Face
09 O Baby
09 Stargazer

I had The Rapture on maybe a month or so ago, it's very underrated. I think it is on Allmusic or perhaps Q where the reviewer remarks "they sound so old". Absolutely and it sounds all the more resplendent because of it. The staggering about the town of the mortified Falling Down being the biggest surprise of the previously slept on ones. Love Out Me is the fabulous racket of their wheels coming off. Forever is the gem.

The Rapture is a very good album. I also love the ones you mentioned as well as Tearing Apart and The Double Life. It was never going to get a good review at the time as it was a weird phase in the music press of blatant sexism and ageism. I remember a T’Pau record getting a one star review and whilst the record wasn’t great the review was basically a character assassination.

It's all vinyl? Well it's just the "standard" edition that remains in stock at any of the options. I'd have bought the CD.

Looks like a bit of a waste of vinyl to me. A Spotify playlist they know they can sell to the faithful.

I mean, if they're doing a whole series, count me in for the "Winter" edition but, otherwise...nah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom