Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ameraal

la loi de murphy
a classic disco album from 1979 produced with the help of mr nile rodgers. i've been listening to this a lot over the last few days since finally setting up my new record player as it's one of the rather few vinyls i have.

it is truly something special. from the big hits, to the ballads and lesser known album tracks, it's just a wondrous record everyone should have.

00 he's the greatest dancer
00 lost in music
00 somebody loves me
00 thinking of you
00 we are family
00 easier to love
00 you're friend to me
00 one more time

sometimes i think lost in music might be my favourite song ever

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8E_FCkHNxwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lost In Music is amazing, but I don't really know much more about Sister Sledge after that.

I'm sure I've asked you this before ams, but have you seen The Last Days Of Disco? I'm sure you'd appreciate it more than your average film goer and disco queen.

still haven't! it's been on my hitlist for ages now, thanks for reminding me.

Lost In Music is amazing, but I don't really know much more about Sister Sledge after that.

you must know we are family and he's the greatest dancer a.k.a. getting jiggy with it.

however this is the other absolute essential

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mAe54eFGp1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know those two, but they haven't really grabbed me as much.

No, wait. I love Thinking Of You as well. :disco:

Last edited:
A benchmark for music let alone the genre. Norma Jean and Luther Vandross discreetly boost the already exquisite, rich and lustrous vocal luxury that these supreme songs get to bask in.

11 he's the greatest dancer
11 lost in music
08 somebody loves me
11 thinking of you
11 we are family
10 easier to love
07 you're friend to me
11 one more time

Love Somebody Today doesn't quite hitch the same 9-to-5 quitting ride, but 10 out of 10s Pretty Baby and You Fooled Around are marvelous showcases for their slinky vocal unison. They passed the mic around more than you'd think, but the throaty rapture of Kathy fits like a glove, and it's a major shame she didn't get more 90s dance offers.

Subsequently, only He's Just A Runaway (All American Girls) and Let Him Go (Bet Cha Say That To All The Girls) get my juices flowing in a similar illuminating fashion, and Frankie is a classic on different terms (but a classic all the same).

Nile should hire whatever family members are on the bill to do his tours, ain't nobody able to soul-chant out a Chic side-opener like the Sledge sisters.

It's QUITE SIMPLY the HIGHPOINT of WESTERN CIVILIZATION

THIS!

What an album. And What a VOICE and what an extended version of "We Are Family" itself where it all goes a bit RIDICULOUS.

Absolutely all four singles are 12/10 moments as well

EVERYBODY...let me TELL you bout my LOVE....

:disco:

Kathy's throaty rapture is such a gas. One of my favourite pop leads of all time. Just having a moment to Frankie: the song is fine, but they really did decorate it beyond it's original design. Not a fan of dubbing the totp recording since the resolution is absolutely fine.

Lost In Music is an utter jackpot, a side opener, horizon point.. it completely defines itself.

He's The Greatest Dancer is high art fashion disco. Thinking of You might be the lushest thing I've ever heard. We Are Family will always make me think of Jet and Lightning (much like The Boys Are Back In Town for Wolf and Cobra, but that's another tangent that could require some alone time :)) One More Time - like an airkiss of disco perfection, it joins the ranks of the singles or else finds company in the exquisite Diana suite.

I mean this is the greatest Disco album of all time, no?

By comparison, Chic had about 5 or 6 game changing singles but they were spread over about 4 albums. The Sister Sledge legendary 4 singles run are all on the SAME ALBUM! That's still unbelievable all these years later.

And they all had comebacks in the 80s, 90s and 00s.

The 1984 remix of Lost In Music is quite possibly the greatest dance song of all time. Quite possibly.

10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom