Sky Ferreira - Don't Forget

Jark

User
buckle the fuck up because she's ACTUALLY BACK.

song is called Don't Forget and it's out "soon". leaked today but I am abstaining

she randomly was at the Met Gala looking quite different but deliciously glam

FR-cDXdXIAEhnea

and PROMO HAS BEGUN

ARE WE EVEN READY??!

I don't know much about her but just popped in to say that I discovered this song from moopy and it's still as gorgeous as ever

From that glorious time in the early 10s when synthwave was still fresh and exciting and only the cool kids were doing it

I truly cannot wait. The clip of Don't Forget sounds DREAMY.

Night Time, My Time is one of my all time favourite albums.

I don't know much about her but just popped in to say that I discovered this song from moopy and it's still as gorgeous as ever

From that glorious time in the early 10s when synthwave was still fresh and exciting and only the cool kids were doing it

this single also from that album (HER ONLY ALBUM, now 10 (!) years old) is also a classic.

That first shot is just too much :disco:

I know she hasn't exactly been a consistent presence but no way is that album ten years old :o

This NOT single which probably isn't going to be on her long-awaited second album is also fully gorgeous.

Night Time My Time is so amazing it didn't even need her best song (Everything is Embarrasing, obv) to be one of the best albums to come out that year:

10 Boys
09 Ain't Your Right
10 24 Hours
07 Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay)
08 I Blame Myself
08 Omanko
09 You're Not the One
08 Heavy Metal Heart
08 Kristine
10 I Will
08 Love in Stereo
07 Night Time, My Time

A vibe from beginning to end.

out FRIDAY... the 19th. those who played the leak say it sounds like Hatchie and indeed it's produced by her producer. :disco:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1vcnQyLTIuY2RuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS92L3Q1MS4yODg1LTE5LzI4MDMwNDQzN18xNzA1MjQ3NDg3MTkxNDRfNzY1ODU0MzEyNjA0OTA4NjkyNF9uLmpwZz9fbmNfaHQ9c2NvbnRlbnQtb3J0Mi0yLmNkbmluc3Rhba8e1be36f980d18.jpg

out FRIDAY... the 19th. those who played the leak say it sounds like Hatchie and indeed it's produced by her producer. :disco:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1vcnQyLTIuY2RuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS92L3Q1MS4yODg1LTE5LzI4MDMwNDQzN18xNzA1MjQ3NDg3MTkxNDRfNzY1ODU0MzEyNjA0OTA4NjkyNF9uLmpwZz9fbmNfaHQ9c2NvbnRlbnQtb3J0Mi0yLmNkbmluc3Rhba8e1be36f980d18.jpg

I hope the fact she's not putting it out right away because of the leak means they're filming a video (and it isn't a ploy to find an excuse to delay the release by another six years).

She announced a date for the single release (May 25) and then deleted it.

PAIN.

This is great. It actually lives up to what I wanted. Here’s hoping for some Masochism in 2024

Brilliant.

Too ambitious to ask if this is the start of a new album? :eyes:

She has said she's still recording some more stuff but she's also said she thinks it'll come this year, so we should get an album before the century is out :disco:

she has features in the Guardian and NME today

NME-SKY-FERRERIA-FINAL-COVER@1990@2560.jpg

the Guardian story especially alludes to mental health issues as well as Lyme and scoliosis. sounds like she's been through the ringer.

I saw her at Primavera last weekend and it was quite the experience! she came on 10 minutes late (not bad for her, but the only act I saw who didn't start on time), tried 3 times to start Boys but kept going off at the band / sound guys and eventually gave up. her crowd interaction was "hi", "story of my life" and many "sorry"s.

then she did 24 Hours, Don't Forget, You're Not the One and I Blame Myself, which were all incredible and had the crowd eating. the voice is in great shape. for some reason she fiddles constantly with her in-ear and mic wires. maybe an anxiety thing?

then she did two random covers and a new song which totally lost the crowd. after the new song she said "that was shit." :D then I had to leave so I missed Everything's Embarrassing.

every song she finished really felt like a miracle. it was really VERY chaotic and somehow totally Sky. :D :disco:

Don’t think i’ve heard a single thing from this bitch other than the lines she uttered in the Twink Peaks revival but “Don’t Forget” is fab.

:D at three last-minute location changes but that Guardian interview is a bit of a tough read.

God I cannot get enough of this at the moment, what a fucking song.

Mystified, armed to the teeth
Nails through an empty heart that never bleeds

:disco:/:(

That Guardian article was really concerning, and the reports of her festival appearances this summer suggested she really wasn't in a good way at all. I just hope she's getting the help she clearly needs. :(

Shame because yes, Don't Forget is an absolute top ten song of the year for me.

That Guardian article was really concerning, and the reports of her festival appearances this summer suggested she really wasn't in a good way at all. I just hope she's getting the help she clearly needs. :(

Shame because yes, Don't Forget is an absolute top ten song of the year for me.
Oh yes it's one of my most played too :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom