Smashing Pumpkins - 'Atum' era

I find Billy Corgan... problematic in that Bono sense of the word. Which has come in the way of me trying to enjoy anything beyond Adore.
But I am willing to be proven wrong :eyes:

They had some songs I liked in the 1990s.

Sharon Osborne despises him. I know she's a cunt, but I kinda trust her view on who else is a cunt.

Let's go in hard:

They were so important to 14/15 year old me, and D'arcy was the coolest rock star of all when she wanted to be.

I find Billy Corgan... problematic in that Bono sense of the word. Which has come in the way of me trying to enjoy anything beyond Adore.
But I am willing to be proven wrong :eyes:

Did you not even like bits of Machina?

And I will always have time for this banger:

Corgan could really do with Flood again though, everything they touched for a while was pure majesty.

The Everlasting Gaze. Oh boy, this song. The chorus is one big onslaught of splendour, but the acapella is where the wheels come off and the whole thing falls off a cliff, from 100 to zero in I don't care to count how few seconds. However, the guitars crashing back does get good. The video is all kinds of Corgan at his worst and fleeting manager Sharon Osborne had a field day about it (she famously resigned "due to health reasons - Billy Corgan makes me sick").

But I do recall this was simultaneously released and it's got to be one of the very best things he has ever done:

A thing of pure pomp pop luxury.

Who wouldn't indeed.

Sweet New Order, Duran Duran and Jesus, this is quite the tonic:

Probably one of two songs that have Adore's impeccable shadow on them.

The other being...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom