Songs that remind you of a WET FLANNEL

Also every ballad Atomic Kitten ever did, including Whole Again. And how they managed to make Eternal Flame sound like Musak is astounding.

In fact most ballads by white girl bands of the 00s are pretty bland, with a few exceptions.

Little Things and All of Me are hilarious. The guy singing to the girl about how she's so beautiful despite her spotty back and ugly face. :D And insecure women absolutely fall for it! When All of Me was played at my colleague's wedding for their first dance I visibly rolled my eyes :eyes:

Last edited:
Take My Breath Away does surprisingly decent numbers on Spotify by the standards of mid-top ten solo spice releases from 20 years ago.

STEALTH CLASSIC

Insert the limper side of the whole tropical house movement and anything that has ever looked at mumble rap and thought I'll have a bit of that. Truly dire, unrelistenable.

Also every ballad Atomic Kitten ever did, including Whole Again. And how they managed to make Eternal Flame sound like Musak is astounding.

In fact most ballads by white girl bands of the 00s are pretty bland, with a few exceptions.
The Last Goodbye is the BEST SONG EVER! :evil:

It certainly is a GROWER

I was going to say this has all the excitement and charisma of a piece of white bread, but that would be unfair to white bread

I'd say pretty much he's ever done, with the exception of the Naughty Boy one.

I don't actively hate it, but whenever it was on MTV I was looking for the remote.

When this was a hit, my brother would sing it as "sauce on my donner" (as in donner kebab, something which he had recently discovered and, indeed, was much taken with). As soon as this turn up on an old Top Of The Pops, it popped straight back into my brain as "Sauce On My Donner".

It's just so NOTHINGY

ramona-singer-wow.gif

If we are talking recent releases however, I LOVE HER but I doubt Katy B herself can even remember how this comeback single went :(

When this was a hit, my brother would sing it as "sauce on my donner" (as in donner kebab, something which he had recently discovered and, indeed, was much taken with). As soon as this turn up on an old Top Of The Pops, it popped straight back into my brain as "Sauce On My Donner".
Am still making the same mistakes I did with song lyrics when I was little, the misheard lyrics are stuck in my brain.
Ie on La Isla Bonita "and when the summer plane, the song would say so hi" etc

Is this the thread for things funky doesn’t like but Alex and I do? :D

It was @VoR that immediately sprung to mind when the songs started coming in :D and I see he’s already commented on it!

I mean I love a LOT of “radio 2 pop”. But I have my LIMITS

ive just realised that every single song I’ve posted has the same melody :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom