Sonic Origins

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
YES THIS IS A NEW THREAD BECAUSE BITCH

I’m getting TURNT
I thought this was going to be some hokey pokey hobby lobby cash in gallery game, but CONTENT!

Upscale anniversary mode
Classic mode before people get pissy
Boss rush! (Which, full disclosure, I have gotten angry at already)
MISSION MODE!
Sound test!!!

Ok maybe I shouldn’t have ended on that one but it is really out together, before I even talk about the joy of having Sonic 3 back again.

There’s a story mode too which appears to be just all the games strung together in a row? It’s not that clear. I just started it and it was just Sonic 1

I'm waiting for a price drop :eyes:

Yeah and it will come but I’ve had a very pleasant afternoon. Cleared Sonic 1 with all the bastard emeralds, and watched the Sonic Mania Adventures videos.

Mission Mode looks like it’ll be interesting, it’s like Mario Maker-esque mini levels

Reactions: COB
It coming out in the same week as that Capcom/Darkstalkers collection (which is also the same price) is like a cruel joke for me :( I can't spend over £60 on old games!

I will also be waiting for the price drop, but as a reformed Sonic nerd, this is going to hit the spot.

I don’t know if I got shitter but Sonic 1 seemed harder :D I guess I often go for Sonic 2 when I want a retro momént

Sonic CD too, I think I only half played it once on a PS3 collection :o it sounds complicated

Sonic 1 is harder because no spin-dash.

Sonic CD is a strange attempt at making a 90s Euro-platformer by a Japanese dev team - sprawling stages in three timelines etc. It doesn't have the immediacy of Sonic 2 or even 3 for me, and CONTROVERSY ALERT I don't feel Sonic as a franchise is THE EXPLORING KIND which Sonic CD kinda is.

Maybe it's just me right now but as much as I love retro gaming I feel like I've played 90s Mario and Sonic games ENOUGH for the next 20 years, although I appreciate this is a full upscale. Another Sonic Mania would be ace though.

Sonic 1 is harder because no spin-dash.

Sonic CD is a strange attempt at making a 90s Euro-platformer by a Japanese dev team - sprawling stages in three timelines etc. It doesn't have the immediacy of Sonic 2 or even 3 for me, and CONTROVERSY ALERT I don't feel Sonic as a franchise is THE EXPLORING KIND which Sonic CD kinda is.

Sadly I thought it was harder despite the spin dash being added this time (to Anniversary mode) :basil:

One tip though, at least in anniversary mode, don’t play Sonic 2 with Sonic & Tails together. There seems to be a bug that gets Tails stuck somewhere offscreen and all you can hear is him jumping up and down

I think that used to happen in the original games quite a bit too, to be fair :D

I think that used to happen in the original games quite a bit too, to be fair :D

Oh I mean the AI was never amazing but literally it’s just jumping noises for 80% of the level, I barely see him!

They have correctly that thing that bugged me on the special stages though, where the chaos emerald’s shadow ends up between sonic and tails

Interesting tweet thread about the bugs from a developer who worked on Origins (he was also involved in Sonic Mania iirc):

Tbh I haven’t noticed much wrong with it, but I’m sure the nerds are nitpicking a lot as usual too.

Someone commented that the Switch port (which I’m playing) is one of the most stable ones, so maybe I just got lucky. Haven’t gotten to Sonic 3 yet though

Yeah so does anyone like Sonic CD? I’m giving it another go tonight and I really don’t like it

Well I finished Sonic CD - honestly shocked at how shit it was. People moan about the Labyrinth Zone in sonic 1 being shit because it slows the game down, but I feel like I could barely move in Sonic CD without landing on endless spikes, or having to use springs to climb up some vertical wall.

The pinball bouncy bouncy level was particular bad.

Well I’ve finished it anyway, so I’ve unlocked all the videos in the museum

Here we go again :shock:
I wonder what they would add?

I'd love the Master System and Game Gear games, 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball and Knuckles Chaotix for the sake of completeness. My unlikely pie in the sky hope is for the first ever home port of SegaSonic - they'd need to fiddle with the controls slightly, but I actually think the trackball stuff could be very elegantly translated to an analogue stick.

Is Amy just a Sonic recolour? I want to be able to THWACK robots with a hammer.

She has a hammer move in the trailer, but it looks like it extends the range of her spin attack - hopefully she can do other things with it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom