Sophie Ellis Bextor’s Friday Night Disco

Funny. Nice to see her switching to role of mum despite the situation though I wonder what was said a bit later!

maybe this one will actually be drinkable :disco: has anyone had pink marmalade? can we confirm?

quite PRICEY at £35+ a POP

I'm not a fan of pink gin. Had some in my recent Tesco shop substituted from the rhubarb gin I wanted. I'm persevering with it. Drinking it right now in fact. :disco:

Love how it's basically just a slightly more basic bitch version of Kylie's "fine" wine. :D *looks it up immediately*

Reactions: RJN
I like the bottle though. First batch sold out in 2 hours apparently so second batch up for pre order.

I'm going to resist the temptation to import this probably bad gin, but I do want to try the Murder On The Dancefloor cocktail :disco:

I forgot about the Christmas Kitchen Disco:

Well she finally located that backing tape. Songs from the Kitchen Disco: I'll Still Change My Underwear Edition coming?

Aw at Mickey running around now, eating prawns and turning off disco lights.

:disco:

Shimmy through it my darlings...

And did Sonny actually kind of shuffle dance for a few seconds there?

Reactions: GNL
Her DQ was a bit... not for me. I think she got the lyrics wrong.

I did enjoy her intro more than the performance, though the contrast in pronunciation between her 'dance' and that on the backing track was something.

She sounds amazing!

Is having the band in animal masks a nod to the The Masked Singer fiasco?

She does sound fantastic. Sophie Ellis-Bextor, SINGER.

Could be, though the Alcazar video has masked dancers too. Richard wore a mask for the Murder performances on the kitchen discos and I guess it was probably done to give a bit of that feel.

Sophie pretty much made NY on Graham Norton. Great performance and came across marvellously in the little chat after:

this was so great. I wasn't 100% sure she could still sing like this, cos she isn't serving these VOX in her kitchen.

and apparently the GH is smashing on Amazon again. she's having such a moment right now, it's lovely to see.

#4 on Amazon for CDs
#10 on Amazon Digital Album Sales
Still #2 on iTunes, and the #1 artist album, behind NOW 107.

Did her internet get fixed after all? :o

she covered Sigrid's Strangers. her Kitchen Disco never fails to lift my mood - such a QUEEN!

I still haven't watched any of these, even though Sophie E-B is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite singer ever. I'll probably end up watching them all in one night

i think if you're not watching live at the end of a stressful day it's not quite the same. but try it anyway!

Reactions: RJN
Strangers feat Jesse and Mickey worked quite well. Enjoyed her digging out Love Is You too, breaking up fighting superheroes and all, then telling Jesse off for not knowing the words to Murder and SNATCHING that microphone back :D

I know she has done quite a few of these discos now but is she really wearing Only One thin on album tracks?

This week’s was possibly her best setlist for DEAR JIMMY alone.

And A&E for the afterparty!

Last edited:
I can't believe she did Dear Jimmy :D

Bringing in Bittersweet and Heartbreak for two of the regulars was a nice change, and It's a Sin too :disco:

DEAR JIMMY? I didn't watch tonight but FUCK ME, I'm going to now I've heard THAT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom