Sophie Ellis Bextor’s Friday Night Disco

it seems like a bit of a shark jump to be honest :D she's having a lovely moment right now with the kitchen disco and the GH but she's not Jessie Ware and I'm not sure who that book is for. will @monsta buy it? I suppose that's the litmus test.

I've not listened to her podcast but I'm guessing it's for the same audience as that (THE MUMS).

it seems like a bit of a shark jump to be honest :D she's having a lovely moment right now with the kitchen disco and the GH but she's not Jessie Ware and I'm not sure who that book is for. will @monsta buy it? I suppose that's the litmus test.

Hang on, has she had an "autobiography" of sorts, as it sounds like this will have elements of it?

I'm nowhere NEAR monsta levels of fandom but even I'm interested in that! Far more than "Sophie's Greatest Hits With a Few Strings Thrown In" anyway.

Sending her my cash now!

I love how the standard response to one of the other kids acting up is to turn the camera on Mickey being cute.

A year of kitchen discos... the 'last' disco is in a couple of weeks.

The signed autobiography is up for preorder. 288 pages sounds a bit like Bananarama’s work ethic but I’ll bite.

I’m a bit BORED with Plastic Pop’s big reveals and countdowns just being more SEB for which I’m paying separate fucking postage each damned time.

But yes, I’ve bitten for Dear Jimmy if nothing else. WHAT A TRIUMPH.

I saw QUEEN SOPH in the tiny Yorkshire village of Holmfirth tonight at a gig I initially booked 3 years ago. :D

Hence it had evolved from part of her Orchestral Greatest Hits tour into a warm up kitchen disco gig. I feel like that’s a pretty clear trade-up.

She was fab, obviously. It was very covers heavy, but I guess that was the intention.

Tracklist from memory

Take Me Home
Ain’t Nobody
Wild Forever
Young Blood
Come With Us
Love Is a Camera
True Faith
Get Over You
Do You Remember The First Time?
Crying At The Discotheque
Lady/Groovejet/Sing It Back
Like a Prayer
Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer)
Murder on the Dancefloor
Our House

She used a wheel of fortune style thing with a mix of classic covers and ‘fan favourites’ to randomly select three of the songs. For us it was Come With Us, Do You Remember The First Time and Ain’t Nobody. I did note that If You Go was not on the wheel at all. :side-eye:

She got a bit teary singing Young Blood after explaining that it was inspired by her recently deceased stepfather. Needless to say she got a massive ovation.

I must admit that NOTHING from Trip The Light Fantastic was a bit of a disappointment. Catch You and Me & My Imagination were on the wheel, but alas :(

She was the guest at Table Manners last night. A literal Venn diagram of my favourite things :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom