Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I mean, this is indisputably one of the greatest songs ever recorded, right?

I love a song with a subtle yet killer middle eight.

I live at the top of the block
No more room for trouble or fuss...

Oh God this song.

The start of acid jazz
The start of neo soul
The start of the 90s UK soul movement
The start of 90s R&B!

It was like a pivot into a new decade. We hadn't heard anything like it - the closet was the early hip-hop sound, but that was just samples and loops, this was a whole live band experience. The 80s embraced the electric sound, and in the midst of new jack swing and candelight R&B, a band brought back a raw, stripped back and instrument-heavy sound. It was a bolt out of the blue, something I only came to appreciate years later when I was old enough to. An extremely important song in the history of modern music. Can't say enough about it really.

...Except that I actually like "Keep On Moving" even more :o

They still sound good now. I saw them live about 5 years ago when they reformed. And I'm going to see them again next year!

Obviously I've always been a POP KID, but this and Unfinished Sympathy were two of the earliest records that I was truly obsessed with, thanks to their videos being on constant rotation on VH1 circa 1991-1995.

Obviously I've always been a POP KID, but this and Unfinished Sympathy were two of the earliest records that I was truly obsessed with, thanks to their videos being on constant rotation on VH1 circa 1991-1995.

ANOTHER Stone Cold Classic. Back 2 Life and Unfinished Sympathy basically defined the 90s between them IMO. If you had two pick 2 songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom