Spice Girls - SPICE (25th Anniversary Edition)

I am just about to start the third part of the doc - surprised there's not a seperate thread on here?!

But I knew it would be a rehash of RAW SPICE anyway

I am just about to start the third part of the doc - surprised there's not a seperate thread on here?!

But I knew it would be a rehash of RAW SPICE anyway

So far I've found better than Raw Spice. I'm glad they haven't glossed over the negative aspect of things: the backlash, the media bullying, Mel C being horrible to them for years...

Is anyone else unable to find episode 3? I'm getting distressed that only the first 2 are up on my box.

That's better than I thought given I had a look at the amazon ALBAM bestsellers the other day and it was WAY down.

I guess it will be front loaded but top 10 is good given the price etc.

That's better than I thought given I had a look at the amazon ALBAM bestsellers the other day and it was WAY down.

I guess it will be front loaded but top 10 is good given the price etc.

The GH peaked at #3 too, didn't it? Anything above Top 5 is a WIN :disco:

The remastering is EXQUISITE, you can almost hear Victoria in every song even though she wasn't there :shock:

I think GH was #2 in its first week?

Either way, good result. It’ll sink as I imagine most are the vinyls etc, but should stay top ten which is a good result.

I hovered over it at HMV, but £30 for the box set is a bit much given the slim pickings you get in terms of bonus material.

Apparently, it's out of the Top 100 already :D :(

wendy-williams.gif

My copy arrived today and the 2CD packaging/booklet really is gorge. Would’ve been nice for the same amount of thought and care to have been put into the contents :)

There must be a good chance of a Black Friday deal on the 2CD set - given how overpriced it was, there must be a good few sitting about...

There must be a good chance of a Black Friday deal on the 2CD set - given how overpriced it was, there must be a good few sitting about...

ooh do you mind sticking a link in this thread in case you stumble across something worthy dear? Although I'm already dreading the shipping costs to the US!

The third part of the Channel 4 documentary was so WEIRD? :D

The first two bits were really strong and interesting, but part three mainly covered Victoria and Mel B - pretty much entirely skipping over Forever and most of their solo releases, and finished on a mini-showcase of the career of Nadia Rose (:D) and a BIZARRE video-essay featuring images of Trump, Epstein and Weinstein with little to-no tangible on-screen connection to the Spice Girls. Very odd.

Surely it's about time the ALL SAINTS story got the deep-dive documentary treatment? :disco:

What in the MOTHER OF CHRIST? How on EARTH is Rage Against The Machine in the the top 2 best Christmas number 1s of all time? What sort of WORLD are we living in?

I mean it's slightly less decisive than Brexit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom