Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

COB

The ⭐ 👹
:disco::disco::disco:

I can't wait for this, I still maintain that Into the Spider-Verse is one of my favourite animated films ever.

Part Two will be in 2023 apparently. Not sure about splitting it into two, but we'll see :eyes:

I feel the same about Into the Spider-Verse. Utterly fantastic.

I hope the soundtrack can at least match that of the first.

Reactions: COB
New trailer:

I can't wait for this! I'm sure it's just a tiny cameo but that one shot of SCARLET SPIDER, my favourite :disco:

Loved this. It surpasses the first, which was excellent, in every conceivable way and then some. Flawless voice performances from the entire cast, thrilling, beautifully animated, funny, emotional. So many throwback, Easter eggs, fan service, non-fan service. Outstanding.

I have to see this because it’s bound to be nominated or win Best Animated Feature. Otherwise the trailer gives me a headache :( I just hate the visual style of it.

Agreed on the latter. I love the live action Spider-man films but decided against seeing the first one of these because it looked like a nerd cartoon. But then it got rave reviews so I went to see it, and it bloody WAS just a nerd cartoon.

YOU WON'T TRICK ME TWICE

I saw the first one 5 times at the cinema, and again at an IMAX festival. :shy:

It is an unusual animation style but it eventually smoothes itself out and becomes less distorted.

Agreed on the latter. I love the live action Spider-man films but decided against seeing the first one of these because it looked like a nerd cartoon. But then it got rave reviews so I went to see it, and it bloody WAS just a nerd cartoon.

YOU WON'T TRICK ME TWICE
It can be a nerd cartoon, but it crossed over. I’m a bit of a nerd but my partner isn’t at all. He loved it.
We were booked in to see this today but he got Covid :(

I can't imagine not loving the look of these films, the first one is just a visual FEAST for me :disco:

Even I, who HATES super hero films, enjoyed the first one of this, which I only want hex because of the animation style.

I'll watch this when it hits streaming.

a bit disappointing tbh. It ends on such a bummer of a note (to be continued) and I knew it was part 1 but still it felt overstuffed in places. They could have made a tight 3 hour movie maybe?

Still the visuals were great and so was the action. The India part was my favorite but also the renaissance vulture was fun.

The million spider people was just ok. Again too much of a good thing.

Now I have to wait a year for the next one? Pffft

6/10 - The fun bits were really fun, but I found myself drifting off and thinking about other things half way through. I still hate the visual style as it gives me a bit of a headache. It’s creative and cool but after 10 minutes, that’s enough.

I thought the first 90 minutes were epic. So much fun.
After that it went a bit downhill and I wasn’t overly impressed with the ending. I had no idea it was going to be a two parter.

Not sure which Spider-Man was my favourite. Peter Parked-Car :D

I thought this was rather good, especially the Mumbai bit. More of that Spider-man please. The visual style is out of this world, the multiverse story (AGAIN?) wasn't.

This is a marketing twist and a half though:

I think this was the coolest film I ever saw. That art style tho. It was bombastic and brash and sometimes beautiful. I loved it. What a vibe :disco:

Was a bit disappointed the soundtrack wasn’t up there with the first though.

That’s a nice spin considering there was an article last week about how terrible the working conditions were for the animators and how they haven’t even started working on part 2.

YOU WON'T TRICK ME TWICE

So in the end I went to see this new one :basil: ...and I had a LOVELY time.

It is still a nerd cartoon, but it's a really well made one with some excellent jokes, and I enjoyed it far more than any other superhero film I've seen in the last year (since Thor Love and Thunder I'd say).

It did get bogged down in the final act and start to drag for me then, but I proper loved it until that point. The baby powder joke (weirdly subversive for a film like this?) was an absolute highlight.

I loved Indian Spider-Man, too. Give him a film pls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom