Star Trek: Discovery

Was watching the next to last episode this morning when Mr F walked through the room, saw Admiral Vance on the screen and said "Antoine the gigolo"! I'd thought he'd looked familiar :D

Geeky but are we really suppose to believe there's a massive void in Starfleet ships with turbolifts flying around like some massive Massive Inc warehouse slash Charlie and the great glass elevator? :D

Having watched the S3 "finale" last night I understand this comment now and I completely agree with you!

Just to outgeek your post I referred to my Haynes Manual on the USS Enterprises 2151 onwards (NX-01, NCC-1701, NCC1701-A through E) and can confirm that there are no large voids in any of these ships so the most reasonable assumption is that it's something that FutureFederation retrofitted when they made the detatchable nascelles (they obviously got the technology from the Dr Who/TARDIS crossover episode which won't be shown until season 8).

Oh a mysterious anomaly is it? 🥴

Please let this be the last season of this awful show/hope those of you who enjoy it enjoy it

I'll watch, but I AM getting a bit sick of them always having to stop the end of the universe or whatever. Just have some fun adventures for a bit!

Reactions: dUb
I enjoyed the last season, but can barely remember ANYTHING about it :D Burnham is the captain now? When did that happen? :D

Tilly to DIE this season please, gutted she hasn’t already. And I hope Burnham’s boyfriend and their double act is expanded upon EVEN FURTHER, along with the other characters on the bridge who have potential but not much SCREEN TIME!

That's the thing, there's so little character development because it's all SO plot driven. Last season when Georgiou left and they had the little party reminiscing about all the fun times, I just kept thinking WHEN DID THEY HAPPEN?! Because it wasn't on screen that's for sure.

I enjoyed the episodes last season where they went to the prison planet guarded by GREEN PEOPLE, and the main villain was a camp green woman? Was that the main plot of last season?

I really recall SO LITTLE :D

Yes, she was the head of a crime syndicate I think - I liked the scene of her negotiating with David Cronenberg(!), and :shock: at him being BACK for the new season!

Or did she negotiate with the other Starfleet person, oh god I'm forgetting everything TOO :o

That sucks, I was looking forward to watching but I'm not sure I'm fussed enough to faff with finding dodgy downloads of each episode.

The end of that article was concerning, but don’t worry, it must be a US thing: TNG, DS9 and Voyager are still on UK Netflix.

@ Michael Burnham, Saru and whatever anyone else's names are

See Ya Reaction GIF by Joe Biden

I can't get my head around this. They only announced it TWO DAYS before the season starts? I suppose we'll see more and more of this kind of thing now that everyone has a streaming service - aggressive removal and moving around of content, to try and force people to subscribe to different services to follow a particular show. What a bright future :gross:

They do seem to be aware, and are grateful for everyone's patience and support. Presumably they haven't read the replies and quote tweets :eyes:

FUCK KNOWS why Picard and Lower Decks are on Prime!

Ha, not universally fans of STD on here then! IMHO it's steadily improved from shit (S1) to pretty good (S2) to even better (S3) so have my fingers crossed for S4.

As for the streaming, funny enough I was just saying elsewhere how all these kinds of shenanigans are a great argument for piracy.

When I was young, I was a filthy little pirate.

Then I grew up, got a reasonable-ish income etc and said "well, even the big creators deserve their dues, so they can justify continuing to make content"

And now I've come full circle (unless it's a small independent trying to put food on the table), because they just take the piss. Perpetual monthly payments to have temporary access to things that can and do get yoinked at any time and where you have to jump through hoops (or at least have "an authorised device with the right kind of DRM" to play it) to get what you paid for? Had enough of it. There are a lot of things you can't get on Blu-Ray or DVD any more, only on digital services like Amazon where you can "purchase" something and have indefinite access.... for as long as Amazon exist, feel like having it in their library, don't sneakily change to some new service that doesn't include what you bought, and as long as the DRM stars align so that it allows you to play it etc. It's SO much easier to just rip stuff off. It's silly as it's only paying customers they're inconveniencing by bouncing things between streaming services to maximise profit, or wrapping everything in protective layers of DRM - pirates just carry on regardless and have a much easier time of it. If they want my money, frankly at this point they need to make it DRM-free and untied to anything. Pop it up as an official mp4, and I'll pay for it. Failing that, well, I'm on "strike" in terms of streaming and DRM-laden 'purchases' (that are just long term borrowing) - if it's GOOD then they'll probably get money through merch sales and whatnot.

If it's not easy to watch, then I'll just make like a Tasha and YARRRRR.

Disclaimer: I do not encourage this, just saying what I will probably do.

Ha, not universally fans of STD on here then! IMHO it's steadily improved from shit (S1) to pretty good (S2) to even better (S3) so have my fingers crossed for S4.

As for the streaming, funny enough I was just saying elsewhere how all these kinds of shenanigans are a great argument for piracy.

Then I grew up, got a reasonable-ish income etc and said "well, even the big creators deserve their dues, so they can justify continuing to make content"

And now I've come full circle (unless it's a small independent trying to put food on the table), because they just take the piss. Perpetual monthly payments to have temporary access to things that can and do get yoinked at any time and where you have to jump through hoops (or at least have "an authorised device with the right kind of DRM" to play it) to get what you paid for? Had enough of it. There are a lot of things you can't get on Blu-Ray or DVD any more, only on digital services like Amazon where you can "purchase" something and have indefinite access.... for as long as Amazon exist, feel like having it in their library, don't sneakily change to some new service that doesn't include what you bought, and as long as the DRM stars align so that it allows you to play it etc. It's SO much easier to just rip stuff off. It's silly as it's only paying customers they're inconveniencing by bouncing things between streaming services to maximise profit, or wrapping everything in protective layers of DRM - pirates just carry on regardless and have a much easier time of it. If they want my money, frankly at this point they need to make it DRM-free and untied to anything. Pop it up as an official mp4, and I'll pay for it. Failing that, well, I'm on "strike" in terms of streaming and DRM-laden 'purchases' (that are just long term borrowing) - if it's GOOD then they'll probably get money through merch sales and whatnot.

It's a fair point. It's corporate GREED.

I was drifting off to sleep last night when I realised this thread is like the Charity Shop Sue one except this time I’M THE BIG TEDIOUS MOANER (and Madison is as well)

I was drifting off to sleep last night when I realised this thread is like the Charity Shop Sue one except this time I’M THE BIG TEDIOUS MOANER (and Madison is as well)
I almost made a comment to this effect last night! But it felt mean, so I left it :tongueout:

• Care
I almost made a comment to this effect last night! But it felt mean, so I left it :tongueout:
(He did make the comment out loud to me though)

Well, one thing I've learned from (my fury due to) this is that if you ring HMRC and answer the stupid robot woman's request to tell her "in a few words what is the reason for your call today" and she doesn't send you where you want to go and continues to pap on about blah blah blah, if you then just tell her "fuck off and put me through to x department, I want to speak to a fucking person you robotic twat" and follow it with expletives every time she tries to talk again she does actually transfer you to an adviser. I hope they did record that call for training purposes! :D

Read the news on Facebook and immediately scurried to see if I could binge on Netflix. It's completely gone, bloody hell. Not to worry though, a 5 episode season 2 of Tigerking is up now instead!

Omg, Cloud is GALA!

I have a plan so cunning if it had a tail it'd be a fox!
@RJN can buy Paramount+ then put his laptop up to the TV on a Moopy Zoom (we'll need your login @Star) and us poor povs in the UK can watch each episode that way.
OR record the TV onto his laptop and send the video file to Mariah's manky handbag (or whatever we used to call it, if it even still exists) then we can get it from there and watch it at our leisure.

The second one is my preferred option and please have subtitles on too, my hearing isn't what it used to be. :D

I have a plan so cunning if it had a tail it'd be a fox!
@RJN can buy Paramount+ then put his laptop up to the TV on a Moopy Zoom (we'll need your login @Star) and us poor povs in the UK can watch each episode that way.
OR record the TV onto his laptop and send the video file to Mariah's manky handbag (or whatever we used to call it, if it even still exists) then we can get it from there and watch it at our leisure.

The second one is my preferred option and please have subtitles on too, my hearing isn't what it used to be. :D
I do have paramount plus already :o

Torrenting might be an easier option though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom