Star Trek: Discovery

I do have paramount plus already :o

Torrenting might be an easier option though :D

I couldn't work torrents out fifteen years ago, chances of me sussing them out now are slim to none. I only learned how to close apps on my ipad a fortnight ago and I've had it years. Is Napster still a thing? :D

I couldn't work torrents out fifteen years ago, chances of me sussing them out now are slim to none. I only learned how to close apps on my ipad a fortnight ago and I've had it years. Is Napster still a thing? :D
It is not :(

The dreaded moopmeet is now a dreaded Star Trek Discovery watch party at my apartment
I mean i’d be up for that minus the Star Trek, what NIBBLES will be on offer ?

I can help you out with a streaming link, if you like.

I can post here or send you a PM.

Thankyou! You're a treasure and delight xxx

When I tried to stream Handmaid's Tale I'd register and click the link and next thing my antivirus would be dinging away with "threat detected". I even put new addons on my old Kodi on a Firestick but it appeared that had died a death a while ago, all the good addons were no more, I could find plenty of old boxing matches and Turkish TV but nothing I wanted to watch. I gave up in the end and waited for it to come to TV over here.

Nooooooooo :argh:

F97B0FFD-5880-4CE6-A971-B781E891B07D.jpeg

Pluto TV is also airing BAYWATCH for free.

Of course all the people in countries that have Paramount+ are now complaining that they have to pay for Paramount+ to see Discovery, while the UK etc is going to get to see it for free :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Thankyou taggers, I was just coming on to post this! I already have Pluto TV on the PS4 so we're all good. No more puppies will be kicked. :D

I'm seeing some people saying that it won't be available on demand on Pluto - we might have to actually tune in at 9pm on Fridays like we're back in 1996 :shock:

So it was streamed on the SciFi channel on Pluto at 9pm and 10pm last night (first two episodes), unfortunately I had a dog-related emergency at 8.45pm which didn't finish until 9.10pm so I missed the beginning and chose to hope they'll be put in the on-demand section today but I'm not holding my breath. I'd watched a couple of episodes of Highway to Heaven the other night on it (nostalgia) and I really don't like being forced to watch adverts.

In addition to non-stop Baywatch there's also a Dog The Bounty Hunter channel on there and other assorted shite. :D

Apparently they're showing them tonight and Sunday at the same time - I'll try and see them tonight I think, or I'll just give up and unfurl the jolly roger :eyes:

I want to see it, I really want to see it, but I've become so entitled with TiVo, Netflix, Prime etc. I actually feel aggrieved that they're dictating I must lie down (the PS is in the bitchcave) at a particular time on a particular day to watch it. This from a woman who was happy to wait up till daft o'clock to watch the uncut Thriller video and the banned FGTH Relax video.

I even considered whether it was possible to set up the ipad in front of it and just record it on there to watch later.

There's just no pleasing some people is there?

I'll just keep torrenting it and watching it begrudgingly out of weird brand loyalty though it's shite :disco:

Lovely episode this week, I really like how the season is shaping up so far - if you aren't a fan of these characters by this point I don't think it would sway you, but I'd say more of the cast are getting screentime and character development this time so it feels like more of an ensemble. Despite the ongoing storyline, this episode also had a fully defined 'A' plot with a beginning, middle and end - it actually felt quite traditional Star Trek in some ways!

Also, I realise that this makes me the ultimate sap but the scene at the end with
Adira and Gray
made me cry a bit 🥲

Also does it make me a racist if I automatically don't trust the president purely because she's part Cardassian :eyes:

I think yesterday's ep will be my last. I do appreciate that characters other than Michael Burnham are now starting to exist on show beyond being featured extras but the show is just too boring and repeating the "galactic threat that only Michael can stop" troupe too much now we're 4 seasons in.

I've seen* every episode of this season so far and I have to say that it looks lovely. Great production design, beautiful production design.

The show itself remains absolutely wretched and a complete waste of everybody's time

Tilly was right to JUMP SHIP

PLEASE LET IT JUST END

WHAT IS IT ABOUT

*it's been on

Oh I definitely have issues with the writing as well, but I did feel that there was a little run of episodes there with much better pacing and decent balance between one-off stories and keeping the larger plot rumbling away in the background. The latest episode was quite a snoozer though, and this isn't meant as a comment on diversity etc but I do hate when they do all the "you are SEEN and have AGENCY" stuff, it's like they fed a very specific corner of Twitter into a bot to write the dialogue sometimes.

ALSO (oh this is becoming a slight rant!), why are they taking a break of over a month between episodes now? I thought the whole point of these shows being made for streaming services was that they no longer have to follow the frankly insane US broadcasting schedules.

Reactions: dUb
Yeah good point! It's a bit MID SEASON SWEEPS or whatever

Anyway I know I'm being mean, and I only really have half an eye on it most episodes (housemate insists we watch it - he doesn't like it either) but nothing ever really grabs me. I don't find any of the storylines interesting and I don't like any of the characters. 🥴

It looks fantastic and I like all the little easter eggs and references to other parts of the LORE.

I remain tentatively excited for Strange New Worlds, and to a lesser extent Picard S2. Can we have some DS9 representation PLEASE! NANA IS AVAILABLE

Season five CONFIRMED today. It'll be the first fifth season of a Star Trek series since Voyager's in 1998 (Enterprise only getting to four of course). I wonder if it'll make it to seven?

It will also be ten episodes rather than thirteen, bringing it in line with the other two live-action Trek series (Picard and Strange New Worlds). I've seen some speculation that the thirteen episode seasons were a condition imposed by Netflix, who obviously aren't involved at all now. Hopefully it helps them focus the storylines a bit!

twitching-smile.gif

WELL I'll say I'm pleased that Star Trek is seen as a viable enough property to have multiple seasons of multiple series on the go so that can only bode well in general terms

And I wish them a lovely final season

It doesn't say it's the final season :tongueout: I wonder how those youtube people that have been predicting it was getting cancelled every year since it started are feeling today :eyes:

This has been back for the past couple of weeks, and it's still a bit of a frustrating show for me. There's a lot of stuff to like in terms of the concepts and themes they're trying to explore, but it feels like the execution is always just slightly OFF or they're focusing on the wrong things. They are trying to address some of the issues (this week even had the bridge crew having conversations with each other!) but is it enough at this point?

It definitely feels like the main plot has been stretched to fill the season - I don't see why they couldn't have two or three self-contained stories at the start before going into the big season-long plot. I have a horrible sinking feeling about the big reveal in the final two episodes though, and I really hope I'm wrong -
if Species 10-C turns out to just be Tarka's friend/boyfriend/whatever that Mac & Me style alien was, I'll be fucking FUMING. I want genuinely alien and unknowable cosmic behemoths, and I want them now!

Oh and having your first episode after coming back from a month+ break being a 'the heroes beat space pirates at their own game by playing poker' story was certainly a choice :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom