Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City

Although what Visage is going to bring aside from notability I have no idea.

I suspect the whole RPDR machine will be backing this via lip-synchs, guest judges and chroeo challenges. Why else would anyone collaborate with Michelle Visage in 2021?

There's not been any word of anything Steps related on the show.

The only Steps Drag Race connection I can think of is Faye worked with Bianca del Rio.

Oops I was getting confused with the last single. She better keep her vocal chords off any of Queen Faye's lines then.

So I finally Googled "ropey"

informal•British
poor in quality or health; inferior.
"a portrait by a pretty ropy artist"

Poor Michelle.

The production from that clips sounds quite different from the original, I want to say almost Tragedy-esque.

Ah, that would explain the "new single Heartbreak in the City end of February" line in that recent interview/feature that was hastily removed again.

Does Steps still have still MALE members? Because you absolutely CANNOT tell from this thread :D

The production from that clips sounds quite different from the original, I want to say almost Tragedy-esque.

It sounds beefed up, so I’m here for this. In a way it is catering to their audience so why not I guess.

She also recorded the jingle to her i player show How’s Your Head

I was expecting her contribution to be a lot more obvious, but her voice sounds so similar to a combination of Lisa's and Faye's, that I imagine a lot of non stans will have a hard time placing where exactly Michelle is in the song. Likewise, any Michelle fans who are coming to the song for the first time will probably struggle to spot her too.

Anyway, excellent single choice and hopefully a decent promo tool in some form or another.

I was expecting her contribution to be a lot more obvious, but her voice sounds so similar to a combination of Lisa's and Faye's, that I imagine a lot of non stans will have a hard time placing where exactly Michelle is in the song. Likewise, any Michelle fans who are coming to the song for the first time will probably struggle to spot her too.

Anyway, excellent single choice and hopefully a decent promo tool in some form or another.
I thought this too. I assumed she wouldn't even be singing and have a rap-like verse with lots of awkwardly placed Drag Race references. I'm glad it's not that though.

Sigh...

I should have known they’re all so fucking PRECIOUS about their vocal share that Michelle has had to be slotted in as delicately as possible.

Anyway I like the beefing up the production has had so it hasn’t been totally futile.

I mean it's not amazing.

But as Pingu said it beefs up the production a bit, so I'm okay with that.

That's her from 0:07 "night after night, got me caught up like a fool" and she's dotted around here and there for the rest. She does the bridge from 2:21. Doesn't exactly stand out though. :bad:

#1 on iTunes. Means nothing these days, but nice enough little achievement!

Is Michelle even in this? Which part is actually hers?

Anyways, it's a bit of nice generic handbag pop. I'll give it a second listen next week.

I always forget that Michelle is even a singer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom