Steps & Michelle Visage - Heartbreak In This City

I'm guessing they had already sold a fair amount of copies in the past few weeks so the effect isn't as big as we hoped

I didn't even notice Lisa is live via satellite here. I hope that's her actual rooftop, or she bagged a freebie from one of her favourite restaurants.

Oh I liked that though. The tagline adds a good set up for TTBoMH, up there with the calendar Holly V promised us would be finished off with Desire in terms of anticipation.

I'm sure this is sacriligeous but what exactly does Michelle add here? The song was great before, and it's not like she's a big name outside gay circles. If it's just about finding a Lisa-replacement to do five-piece performances then fair enough, but I don't know why people are expecting it to be transformative to their fortunes.

I'm sure this is sacriligeous but what exactly does Michelle add here? The song was great before, and it's not like she's a big name outside gay circles. If it's just about finding a Lisa-replacement to do five-piece performances then fair enough, but I don't know why people are expecting it to be transformative to their fortunes.

Well that's the thing. She was probably a fairly cheap hire, it'll get a bit more press than just '4th single from Steps album released' and she can do the talk show circuit with them to promote it. I doubt they'd have got a Graham Norton slot without her, and even if they had, she wouldn't have had the extra 45 minutes of time as a main guest talking about it.

Not much more to it than that really. It won't take them to the stars, but it'll maybe get them a bit more bang for their buck as they set up the next album launch and re-promote the tour.

To be fair, I'm not sure aiming outside of gay circles is MUCH USE for Steps at this point - but Michelle offers a DIFFERENT gay circle for them to mine than Steps' core fanbase.

Given that Drag Race is a worldwide brand, won't it also get them a bit of notice and youtube clicks around the world too? Ive seen the video featured on some American entertainment sites that pop on FB.

I think its just something FUN too - given she loves anything BRITISH its just something she can say she did I think!

Whats Cwej's clipboard of data SAYIN'?

I know it's a bit CWEJBOOKOFSTATS but yesterday a group of straight friends engaged me in a "Steps and Michelle Visage, what's that all about, quite like the song, though" conversation and today, a different straight group is discussing it in a Whatsapp group I'm in.

I know it's a bit CWEJBOOKOFSTATS but yesterday a group of straight friends engaged me in a "Steps and Michelle Visage, what's that all about, quite like the song, though" conversation and today, a different straight group is discussing it in a Whatsapp group I'm in.
Tell them to fuck off and get their own culture.

The song has proper clicked with me in a way it didn't before after that. Although vocally that needs more welly (ie, BVs) live. I'm very surprised they didn't have Lisa on cam since they had everybody but Gunther appear that episode it felt like (which in a way almost gives it a feeling of his old channel 4 show, RIP Betty's tongue, etc).

The Graham Norton performance was the first item on Gogglebox last night and got mostly positive comments :disco:

Oddly H got the "bless him, he can't really sing" treatment rather than... anyone else in the group :side-eye:

The Graham Norton performance was the first item on Gogglebox last night and got mostly positive comments :disco:

Oddly H got the "bless him, he can't really sing" treatment rather than... anyone else in the group :side-eye:

It was kind of odd just how much they showed of the performance, but the reception was surprisingly good. The sisters in particular seemed to be big fans.

Yes I loved the coverage on Gogglebox, and quite a lot of the performance too :disco:

#12 on airplay, I believe their second highest ever after Heartbeat and only their second top twenty? :o

It’s doing nothing amazing on streaming but it is doing about 22-23k a day on Spotify which is better than pretty much all other singles from the album except maybe the first.

Overall good little result for a fourth single.

It’s A List there, but they’ve had about six singles on that and never made the top twenty. So either they are hammering it more than usual, or some other stations must be giving it some spins this week which has seen it jump up to there?

Shame there is no steps only version’s of these remixes the Shortland remix is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom