Steps - Platinum Collection (NUMBER ONE ALBUM)

This is amazing. I love the hints and BITS of the current handbag house hits clogging up the charts, especially since most of their output has always been very poptastic as well as managing to show a more mature side of Steps :disco:

love the new SINGAL :disco:

Some of their singles since the 'comeback' have been absolutely superb.

Not really a Steps fan but are they no longer signed to BMG then?

Are they not? First I’d heard, but there is something very muted about this Greatest Hits rollout.

Maybe it’s just because the single is rubbish :(

215k for the video isn't GREAT is it

Even Take Me For A Ride cleared 500k 🥴

I'm just curious about how the BMG model works. Both Natalie Imbruglia and Steps are no longer listed on the BMG website as clients. They might never have been, to be fair.

It’s been very muted, but for some reason I feel I have read somewhere that whatever label they are on now don’t own the original stuff so this release is in tune with whoever does own that, hence the lack of promo and not quite the normal shenanigans? That could be very much a lie but I guess it would make sense?

On a slightly different not, I’ve been enjoying the main channel uploading HD versions of their music videos and performance from tours, TOTP etc

I watched that One for Sorry TOTP perf so many times as a teen

I think this is the version they’ve been performing on tour lately, but I’m loving the beefed up mix of Stomp that’s been included on the Platinum Collection.

I was never even THAT fond of the song to begin with.

Having my first proper listen to Hard 2 Forget just now. I'm sure someone's already said it, but the irony that it sounds like it'll actually be pretty easy 2 forget :(

Reactions: D5K
Yes, it's the tour version of After The Love Has Gone. I was expecting completely new arrangements of the tracks but they are just the recent versions they've been using in their set list.

I am just SO SO happy that Just Like The First Time, THE best Steps song of all time has FINALLY got it's rightful place on a Steps album. :disco:

Out of all the non-single they could have chosen, I am kinda AGOG (in a good way) this was chosen. I wonder who's decision it was?

lisa-scott-lee.gif

It’s on the Last Dance isn’t it? I think the original CD had a remix, but the streaming one is normal I think.

They have awareness of their fans at least - the handful of album tracks bulking out the back end are the fan favourites (Paradise Lost, Love U More, Just Like The First Time etc). September Sun is the only real omission.

I'm not their biggest fan. Although I DID buy their cover of Five Star's 'The Slightest Touch' and I NEVER did that with Louise's version.

Last edited:
Midweek #1, though ironically they’re likely to be knocked off by someone called Aitch.

Midweek #1, though ironically they’re likely to be knocked off by someone called Aitch.

Is that H gone solo?

16.6k to 8.3k for Aitch. It’ll be tight, but his streaming isn’t phenomenal, and he has a few physical formats that will make up some of his sales so far. They have a few more signings etc so I think they should hold on, but may get a fourth #2 in a row :(/:D

If MDOLLA hangs in at no. 2 that'll be her third one in a row I FINK (unless we count the DNC live albums etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom