Steps - Take Me For a Ride (OUT NOW)

This has gone deadly quiet. Wonder if they are going to do a video and drop it in a month with the album and some performances etc, or quietly move on to another single then? The team is pretty good and they’ve no doubt noticed the somewhat muted response.

It's been rattling around my head for the past fortnight

WONDER WONDER WONDER WONDER WHERE DID YOU GO

fetchimage

Listened to this the first time this evening - it was not what I was expecting, but I think I like it. It's MOR but there's a certain charm. I need more LISTENS.

Bit irrelevant given the other thread is where it’s at, but this is #13 on airplay this week. That’s their third highest ever after Heartbeat and Heartbreak In This City :o

I was expecting big things from the Initial Talk remix but it doesn't really hit the spot for me sadly, though I do like the very beginning where it all goes a bit Carpenter Brut for a few seconds.

I don’t mind it, but it feels very similar to the radio edit. Which I haven’t listened to a tonne, so I may be wrong. But it just feels like a slightly spruced up version of that.

gia_gunn_is_there_no_budget_this_time_around.gif

• Angry
Reactions: Zu
gia_gunn_is_there_no_budget_this_time_around.gif
How much are you realistically EXPECTING them to spend?

I MEAN HELLO

Anyway I'm very satisfied with the PORCUPINE COUTURE MYSELF :disco:

I also love the SHAPES at the beginning, sultry Faye, and Claire doing that awful mouth thing :disco:

WHAT WOULD WE BE WITHOUT THEM

Who else is actually doing this sort of thing these days? Don't give me your Duo Lipo, Laddy Gago and Jess Flynne. SIMPLY NOT INTERESTED

:enya:

Who else is actually doing this sort of thing these days? Don't give me your Duo Lipo, Laddy Gago and Jess Flynne. SIMPLY NOT INTERESTED

:enya:

I think the only one who comes close in terms of visuals, sound, choreography and sultry pouting is THOMAS ANDERS.

All looking very sultry and sophisticated there though. Not to mention MODERN

I will however grant thee, dear @COB, that THIS offering from Britain's leading FASCIST POP GROUP has occasionally prompted sobs of Stepsish excitement, not that I'm an easy weeper or anything :side-eye:

:D NATURALLY :disco::disco::disco:

Oh I am SO APPALLED by the floppage of that recent album. This one is EVERYTHING AND MORE

Oh, it really is a treat. I don’t mind that it’s too niche for mainstream gays because that means it can’t be sullied by proud declarations of ANAL SEEPAGE amongst certain types.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
Arse like a PUNCHED LASAGNE after hearing a slappy BOP.

Is all this vernacular caused by cross contamination from the PJ forum?

I think Something In Your Eyes had a bit more going on, though it was a more energetic track.

I mean it does the job fine, but hardly warrants much rewatch. But for goodness sake just film a proper vid for the Slightest Touch :disco:

I absolutely love this peice now.

The pose striking, Faye's majesty and Claire's sleeves are a treat. The other 3 need to up their games, although H obviously thought he had.

Y’know, I quite like the song and the video adds nothing but is ok enough, but it’s just suffering from the fact they decided (seemingly) The Slightest Touch should be farted out as a grat track (is that still a thing? :D), probably won’t get a video or sent to radio.

Fully agree. I like this one enough, but with the standard Steps-behemoth track RIGHT THERE its just all is a bit meh. I wonder whether they will start to push The Slightest Touch in a fortnight as the album drops and they do some promo, or if they’ll just let it go off the radar.

That shonky backstage “video” suggests they hadn’t prepared for this at all.

Weirdly Claire was being interviewed the other day (to promote Take Me For A Ride) and said that The Slightest Touch is one of the band’s favourite Steps songs ever and they knew it would be a fan favourite.

So with THAT in mind it’s even more baffling!

Well maybe they will do something with it?

I mean no reason why they can’t do it as a
AA-side, not that that really means anything now

I think the video is lovely and I will violently knife anyone who disagrees because I’m in that kind of mood :)

We don’t all need crappo devil horns, pyramids and TEDIOUS FORCED NARRATIVES to be excited thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom