Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can’t say I like it much MYSELF 🥴

It’s a bit of SILLY CAMP FUN I suppose

Loses points for the lazy “ooh ooh ooh” bits and the Lee verse (does he have the least interesting pop voice of all time?) but yes, silly camp fun that I am here for. :disco:

I did start to type something about how shit Lee’s bit is but I felt bad :D

Good effort but it doesn’t beat the Bananarama version (Buzz Junkies gay coma remix) for me

LSL’s part is a bit harsh on the ear :(

B7A92A74-2E84-446F-8590-FC1B5F9217DE.png

Hmm, it's alright, but like the Bananarama version it's just missing the DIVA DRAMA of the original...

• Love
Reactions: COB
I never liked Bananarama's version despite LOVING Buzz Junkies so this shan't trouble my iPod.

WHY have they not covered the Perrelli's "Where Were You" yet? Perhaps it's beyond Lee's capabilities.

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Why I’ve never quite understood is that it’s a song about a gay man legging it from a woman.

It doesn’t massively fit with H and Lee therefore.

As for this, it’s alright in a bside kind of way but the production is a bit light and tinny.

1. Three Degrees
2. Bananarama
3. Steps

TINNY is exactly the word. The change in structure with the doubled up verses threw me at first.

Claire and Faye at least bring the drama. Lee and Lisa's back to back verses are not so hot - and that is a new verse for Lisa isn't it? They shouldn't have bothered and made them share.

Yes, I meant to say that earlier too- it's a new verse.

CHANGE A WORD...

I like it, but mostly because it's The fucking Runner - I'm not sure I'd choose to listen to it over the original.

They transcended that for me with several of their recent releases, so this feels a little regressive

They transcended that for me with several of their recent releases, so this feels a little regressive
Well I do think nearly all their output is CAMP FUN, but I see your point. When they switch on the quality button, they put themselves at the very pinnacle of the genre. This isn't up there, but it's still a LORRA FUN.

Oh I think this is LOTS of FUN

You can't keep a tune as good as this down :disco:

And the outro is fantastic!

"You're THE RUN-NER"

I really like this, you can tell it’s a 7th Heaven production.

I like the fact they’ve merged the verses together so it follows the usual format of a song. And love that Lisa gets the new verse.

Lee is still fucking awful. Somehow all the Popjustice crowd thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

It’s better than Bananarama’s version for sure.

I mean it’s trash but it’s fabulous trash and I’ll take it happily. Not quite as refined (for Steps) as say What The Future Holds or Something In Your Eyes, but great as an album track for the GH.

Lee is crap, but I’ve long since made my peace with the fact that giving him verses means we still have the original group around today.

So on balance, it‘s worth it.

Oh I like this - it's decent value for what it is worth. The production is cheap-ish but it's a step up from the Bontempi hell of 'A Million Years' (how did they get that so wrong?).

I'm awaiting a stab at 'Still Young'

At least Lee looks good. The less said about H in his sex dungeon sparkly lederhosen.

At least Lee looks good. The less said about H in his sex dungeon sparkly lederhosen.

Please don't besmirch the good bavarian name of LEDERHOSEN by this association :(

I listened to this a couple of times when out for a walk at lunchtime and I have unsurprisingly come around to it now. It is no Slightest Touch and it would be better if Claire and Faye did the whole thing (with an added spoken line or two for LSL), but those days are long gone. It is just a fun bonus cover and the end part is especially good. I assume we'll get an extended mix at some point if nothing else as it is a 7th Heaven co-production.

Lee's voice is generally not unpleasant if blind, and often is more acceptable than H's. In this case he does kill the energy a bit (I am not buying that said flame was too hot). H does sound better on The Runner though he has Faye (I think) backing him up.

I love the doubling up of the verses and the fact it rockets through the song at light speed. I'd definitely be up for an extended version of the same though.

I listened to this a couple of times when out for a walk at lunchtime and I have unsurprisingly come around to it now. It is no Slightest Touch and it would be better if Claire and Faye did the whole thing (with an added spoken line or two for LSL), but those days are long gone. It is just a fun bonus cover and the end part is especially good. I assume we'll get an extended mix at some point if nothing else as it is a 7th Heaven co-production.

Lee's voice is generally not unpleasant if blind, and often is more acceptable than H's. In this case he does kill the energy a bit (I am not buying that said flame was too hot). H does sound better on The Runner though he has Faye (I think) backing him up.

Yeah that's the thing with Lee, while adequate, he just has a personality-free voice. There's just NOTHING there, and his part is a bit jarring coming after the chorus. Something similar happened in Come and Dance with Me off the last album.

There IS an extended version of The Runner, as confirmed on the 7H FB page, so I assume it will come eventually.

Well I assume it will get the single treatment, they have no issues with banging singles out so I imagine they’ll send it to Radio 2, a remix package and possibly a cheaply made video.

The Spotify credits are still just Moroder and Ferguson. Have they missed a trick? Sara and Keren would never.

Seemingly Terry Ronald did it and sought permission from La Ferguson, who apparently agreed readily.

How am I, a gay with a running playlist of approx 900 uptempo bangers, only discovering now that there's literally a song called THE RUNNER that goes this hard?! :disco:

I have added the Three Degrees original. Thank you to Steps and the people of Moopy.co.uk

I'm struggling to vote because although the song is GREAT, this version of it feels farted out to me.

Reactions: VoR
If they were intent on dipping into the Three Degrees catalogue, I feel like Giving Up Giving In would have been more fun.

Although of course, the definitive gay-interest only poppers o'clock cover of that has already been recorded...

God that cynical pink-pound grabbing disaster of a video never fails to set me off :D

SASSY!

Sheena's version of Giving Up Giving Up is incredible for brazen shamelessness alone. It helps that she then absolutely goes to church and belts it out for dear life. I ADORE it :disco:

The quite tasteful Joey Negro mix isn't nearly as ludicrous as the relentless Sleazesisters take, but it does hit the spot nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom