Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2

And if you tolerate this your children will be next.

Well I guess that’s not a worry because only gays care about this

I spent TWENTY EIGHT POUNDS STERLING on getting The Steps to number 1 and LOOK WHAT HAPPENS!

Poor Faye reportedly DEVASTATED

lsl-smtv.png

I see that 'Don't Shut Me Down' is down to 31, just to add to it being the worst day ever for MUSIC LOVERS

:enya:

My three sales and one for Manic Street Preachers to no avail.

Oh well. I can only imagine the ends they will go to in order to try and get the number one next time.

Didn’t realise this entered at #11 in Australia. 15 places higher than the last and only their second top 20 ever.

I’m sure sales are dreadful but that’s a great result.

This album is MUCH better than than part 1 as a whole.
A Hundred Years of Winter is my current favourite of the new songs right now :disco:

It just keeps on getting stuck in my head

This album is MUCH better than than part 1 as a whole.
A Hundred Years of Winter is my current favourite of the new songs right now :disco:

I think it’s on the sticker so I’m assuming it’s the next single. Faye was interviewed from the set of the next video the other day, so I’m guessing possibly this.

I’d still prefer The Slightest Touch first, as the first one is now off the radio two playlist so there would be time to push that in October and then an Xmas/tour single from late November, but I reckon they may just launch this in a few weeks.

Skipping The Slightest Touch would be such a waste, plus A Hundred Years of Winter would just make sense a bit nearer to Christmas, if not right on top of it.

Surely they can’t ignore The Slightest Touch after it has got such a reception?!

Completely agree with both of you. Especially as there isn’t much point of a single post Xmas other than a token one, for the tour and Xmas they really should bang out both and not waste either or the season.

Anyone else just fast forward to “TOUCH ME, THAT’S WHERE IT AT” to see how they’d beefed it up? :D :disco:

Finally listening to this, it IS quite good and relistenable. And I must say, does Claire have a new timbre? :o

Victorious was a bit limp but I was briefly agog after the middle 8 when she does the highest belt I remember her doing.

Her vocals in High feel a bit different too in places

Down to 81 this week. :(

By comparison, part 1's chart run was 2-14-18-25-44-77

So far this one has gone 2-21-81

Down to 81 this week. :(

By comparison, part 1's chart run was 2-14-18-25-44-77

So far this one has gone 2-21-81
How have the Manics fared in comparison ?

It’s disappointing but it’s the way of the chart - if you aren’t a streaming act then it’s solely sales that get you higher, and there’s no reason outside of week one or the odd promo blitz for it to chart high. Hopefully they do some promo slots for the single in October that gets it a few weeks in the top 200.

I wonder if the casual fans don’t realise it’s not just a deluxe version of last year’s album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom