Street Fighter 6 (formerly Capcom's mysterious countdown site)

It's a really fun game actually. Mecha 1vs1 but with that Capcom touch and Edayan illustrations :disco:
Yeah, Cyberbots is ace. I miss the days of Capcom chucking new IP after new IP against the wall to see what stuck.

If the Marvel licence has expired, I’m still holding out hope they’ll just do a Capcom All Stars fighting game instead so we can settle once and for all who would win out of BB Hood and Black Tiger.

Trailer:

I like the look of the open world adventure mode thing. And a capoeira fighter!

Images of the characters have leaked :o This might not be all of them, but I assume it's at least most of the characters in the base game:

FT5EI42.jpg

oUkgCxt.png

7lwIAOr.png

2FDx3Tn.png

1654220251253.jpg

Screenshot_20220603-101313.png

I love this art style so much, probably the best since SF3 honestly. Some of the redesigns are fantastic (Dee Jay! Rashid! An actual decent Ken design after the SF5 disaster! And of course CAMMY :disco:) and also hoping that tall French lady and absolutely enormous hulking Italian lady become the gay icons they deserve to be.

Also confirms that new character Jamie (as seen in the trailer) is from Hong Kong, with a distinct flag from the Chinese characters. Is that controversial of Capcom to do at the moment?

Also confirms that new character Jamie (as seen in the trailer) is from Hong Kong, with a distinct flag from the Chinese characters. Is that controversial of Capcom to do at the moment?
Yun and Yang were also billed as Hong Kong as opposed to China, so I feel like it's just a continuation of that.

Reactions: COB
Playable characters from that sexy art style leak, then:

RETURNING:
Ryu
Ken
Zangief
Dhalsim
E Honda
Blanka
Guile
Chun Li
Cammy :disco:
Dee Jay :disco: :disco:
Rashid :disco: :disco: :disco:
Juri
Ed
Akuma
Luke

NEW CHARACTERS:
Massive Italesbian
Jamie
Abel with bobs
Mexican lacrosse bird
Russian version of G?
SODOM'S DAUGHTER?!
FANG with bobs

Official artwork for Jamie already out :o

jamie.png

I really hope they're going to do the CFN profiles again like they did with SFV, they were such a brilliant way to build the world and establish canon.

Marisa looks interesting - the bulky woman isn't a standard fighting game archetype
Jamie looks like he plays amazingly well from the trailer
Mimi really does just look like lady Abel
Lilly could be fun, although I always think weapons are cheating :D
JP is a continuation of Q and G, I'd have thought
Kimberly seems to be the return of Sodom fans have for some reason been clamouring for
A.K.I is hopefully a slightly more accessible version of Fang

Other unconfirmed characters:
Damnd is in the trailer (First Dominican fighter in the series if he's in)
Li-Fen from SFIV is apparently the girl Chun-Li is fighting in the trailer
A leaked tournament bracket has the name 'Kanon' as one of the fighters

I've seen people saying that Lilly is linked to T. Hawk (possibly his daughter), but I'm not sure if that's just speculation.

Just realised that they put Zangief in trousers, this is probably how the straights feel about Cammy :shock:

*immediately starts right-wing youtube channel to complain about it*

Just realised that they put Zangief in trousers, this is probably how the straights feel about Cammy :shock:

*immediately starts right-wing youtube channel to complain about it*
I quite like streetwear Cammy, as long as they have traditional camel toe/heaving bosom unitard Cammy as an alternate costume.

Oh there's no way Cammy and Chun-Li aren't getting about a hundred alternative outfits each as usual :disco:

Oh there's no way Cammy and Chun-Li aren't getting about a hundred alternative outfits each as usual :disco:
OK, I'm drunk and when I'm drunk I like listing shit. Outside of the apparent starting roster, who do you want as DLC? What countries need to be represented that aren't already?

Rose is always at the top of my list, but there was a leaked document that claimed she might be in the starting roster so apart from her Dudley and Sean are pretty high on my list, I also really enjoyed Menat so I hope she shows up - also hoping for barely-even-a-Street-Fighter-character INGRID, as ever :tongueout:

Rose is always at the top of my list, but there was a leaked document that claimed she might be in the starting roster so apart from her Dudley and Sean are pretty high on my list, I also really enjoyed Menat so I hope she shows up - also hoping for barely-even-a-Street-Fighter-character INGRID, as ever :tongueout:
Dudley is a lock for me. Balrog always seems to get the nod but Dudley is a much more interesting boxer to play as. I'm also hoping for Cody, Rose, Eagle, Retsu, Necro, C Viper, Elena and Hakan. Menat and Laura seem like the most logical returnees from the SF5 debuts, although they've given me Rashid already so I've already got my number one :disco:

I know his proportions are ALL WRONG and that I shouldn't fancy a ROIDY TANK like that, but shirtless Ryu gets me going.

I feel like we need to do a Street Fighter character rate. And yes, it WOULD include characters from the Ex series and The Game Of The Movie Of The Game.

I have my own MAME arcade cabinet in my garden shed :disco: It may not be official but I can also play Bubble Bobble :disco: Although I'm sure this MvsC one is easily hackable.

• Love
I've always wanted to do a project like that, maybe now that I'm preparing to move somewhere with a spare room it's finally time :o What's inside your cabinet? I know those little mini PCs are quite popular for MAME projects nowadays, as well as the ubiquitous Raspberry Pis of course.

I've always wanted to do a project like that, maybe now that I'm preparing to move somewhere with a spare room it's finally time :o What's inside your cabinet? I know those little mini PCs are quite popular for MAME projects nowadays, as well as the ubiquitous Raspberry Pis of course.

Oh mine is nothing fancy, it's just a mini PC with MAME in it. You can probably get a lot more for your buck with a Raspberry Pi, but I couldn't be bothered, MAME already has all the games I'd fancy playing in a cabinet. Mine even has an LCD screen :o which for PURISTS is an absolute no-no, but I don't care.

Just one word of advice - don't make it coin-dependant. I thought I'd do it for a laugh (and to give me an incentive to play better rather than pressing the credit button every time I died) but it's an absolute nightmare having to pick up the pound coins when there's a countdown onscreen :D

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom