Strictly 2021

That Neil the librarian does 90s swing pro dance was rough.

I thought something went wrong on Nancy's part in that dance off. It was close but agree it went John's way.

It looked like she lost her balance so hopped for a bit before regaining composure.

Mabel was meant to be on the results show but she pulled out due to being exposes to Covid.

Just started. What a terrible opening number. You know, it is a classic and they could have really went there with it instead of the novelty treatment.

Usually when a judge or host says a semi final is the strongest yet I roll my eyes, but this has been a near airtight heat - only Rhys, who I've often thought was a potential winner, missed the mark for me.

What a final we have in store for us. I honestly couldn't care less who wins because whoever does is going to have to be incredible. My money is on Rose though.

She HAS to recover. This is the first Strictly I can remember where I want all of them to win equally, and will be gutted for whoever loses.

AJ is my favourite to win but let's face it Rose has it in the bag. It'd be a shame to not see her dance because I was hoping they would dance the Bodyguard American Smooth again :disco:

AJ is my favourite to win but let's face it Rose has it in the bag. It'd be a shame to not see her dance because I was hoping they would dance the Bodyguard American Smooth again :disco:
It's not even a question with the bookmakers, seemingly.

1/5 Rose
33/2 AJ
20/1 John

Didn't look good at all when she was on ITT, and she's doing the jive, charleston and a Beyoncè themed showdance. :(

AJ didn't sound too hopeful did she? Janette and Kai were trying to be upbeat talking about the dances planned but it wasn't convincing :(

Orly? That's a SHIT selection, she should have gone for some ballroom!

There won't be much ballroom at all in the final, though you would imagine Rose might be likely to do one, and/or a showdance that goes in that direction. I wish they'd scrap the judges' choice and just have the couples choose two dances, though only let them pick one each from ballroom, Latin or specialty.

On ITT tonight they had some interesting stats on the scores by dance type. Rose was just in front of AJ and both well ahead of John in ballroom, but in Latin John was far ahead with AJ a bit in front of Rose. Rose scored top in the specialty dances but they were all very close.

I hate the fucking Charleston and practically every final has had one or two since they introduced it.

Yeah, I really liked hers but still I would have preferred any of her ballroom to it!

Also her jive was KINDA POOR so hopefully that won't look too shit with a broken foot and her GENERALLY LACKLUSTER LATIN.

According to her socials, AJ will not be able to rehearse FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK but she's still planning on competing in the final. Let's hope for an Alesha kind-of-miracle because she is going to need it!

They should really change at least one of her dances to ballroom.

No rehearsals... oh dear, doesn't sound great. I assume they are scrambling about for content to pad out the show.

Not particularly thrilled with the JC for Rose of the quickstep. They are doing a lyrical, romantic showdance to Bette Midler's The Rose. I thought they might go more in the direction of an American Smooth kind of thing bearing in mind her strength at ballroom.

I hope they aren't considering doing anything daft like putting Rhys back in

I hope they aren't considering doing anything daft like putting Rhys back in

He's been voted out, pretty sure they wouldn't pull anything like that.

Presumably they will have to put some extra pro dances in, but would think that having some of the more recently eliminated couples do a full performance of one of their standout dances rather than just twenty seconds in the group dance is the way to go.

:(

I wonder whether she will make an appearance for the final? Hopefully the (very thinned out) Strictly audience can give her a worthy ovation.

Sad for her, the final won't be the same.

Hopefully during the launch show next year she gets invited back for the showdance.

I guess Rose is the runaway winner now?

I think Rose was probably the runaway winner regardless before this. I wonder which way AJ's vote might fall though? Not that I'd expect it to make a difference even if the majority of it went to John.

Out:

Have they ever had a finalist pull out before?

So sad to see Robot Boy and Jamelia bow out.

I'm really gutted as we probably won't see AJ allowed back in next year. She was exceptional. I loved her on CBBC, so can only hope she gets the work now.

That would be right at, or near, the bottom of the pile of Rose's ballroom dances. More to do with the song and theme than the dancing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom