Strictly 2021

I wasn't completely convinced by the little that I saw of Oti judging on that Cowell dancing show, but she will surely be fabulous by comparison to the rest of the DOI panel and presentation.

They really needed to pull out Candi and a not dead Big if they were to top Rose with their show dance, but I liked it all the same.

I'm seeing lots of people proclaiming it the best series ever on twitter and Facebook. Once the dust settles people may not feel exactly the same, but I think it's going to have a strong claim to it.

I know Dan Walker was a bit of an annoyance during his run (and I may have posted 87 times to this effect) but this video with lots of the celebs and pros from before the final is rather fun:

In a similar vein, I have to say I grew to like Anton as a judge. Much better than he was as a pro. I wouldn't be at all mad if he gets a permanent spot.

In a similar vein, I have to say I grew to like Anton as a judge. Much better than he was as a pro. I wouldn't be at all mad if he gets a permanent spot.

Yes I would much rather have him on the panel rather than enduring another run of comedy Latin routines. I think he gave often fairly good and sometimes quite specific critique. There were some annoying moments but he was hardly alone in that.

I didn't really miss Bruno.

Yeah, I was expecting him to try and take the place of Bruno by imitating him a bit and being OTT and a bit try-hard, but he was actually a good judge.

I know the SCD Christmas Special is just academic but Anne-Marie did really well and Moria Stuart was probably one of the worst dances I've ever seen in +16 years watching this show :disco:

Moira over-marked but who cares, they weren’t going to throw a BBC icon under the bus. Anne-Marie was excellent.

Moira hiding round the back of the set for most of the final group number and just appearing for the end :D

Anne Marie gave it a really good go. It was also amusing how when she announced just how much Graziano wanted to win.

Poor Luba. No partner in the main series and then an Only Fools and Horses Jive... That tan was triple dipped though. I think Jowita's reward for getting through dancing with Adrian Chiles will be a partner next year.

Did they not used to bring back former contestants for these specials? I feel like I'd much prefer that. I didn't really care for this episode.

It was obvious Anne-Marie would win by the fact that she was the only person competing under the age of 50!

You also don’t really need the judges there at all with their silly scores.

Shirley and Anton were in really annoying form with their comments too.

Did they not used to bring back former contestants for these specials? I feel like I'd much prefer that. I didn't really care for this episode.

They've done both formats, but featured former contestants more often I think. I suppose it depends who the celebs are as to which I prefer.

Personally as I watch this show for the DANCING :eyes: I'd prefer if they got people who have had training experience before, eg: former contestants. The two Christmas specials with Alesha, Rachel Stevens, Gethin, Darren Gough, etc had INCREDIBLE DANCING in them as all of them had reached at least the semi-finals. They even allowed Kelly Brook to bow out gracefully after her premature exit!

Yesterday's episode was just a crappy week 3 with only a handful of contestants.

Personally as I watch this show for the DANCING :eyes: I'd prefer if they got people who have had training experience before, eg: former contestants. The two Christmas specials with Alesha, Rachel Stevens, Gethin, Darren Gough, etc had INCREDIBLE DANCING in them as all of them had reached at least the semi-finals. They even allowed Kelly Brook to bow out gracefully after her premature exit!

Yesterday's episode was just a crappy week 3 with only a handful of contestants.
Yes. It was like a week one of typical SCD but all with people you’d expect to be quite bad, except for Anne-Marie. Could have had a token boy band member or someone with some kind of experience of learning choreography.

Some of the earlier christmas specials were celebrities who couldn't commit to a full series, who then could a few years later (Simon Webbe being one), so I'm expecting one of this lot soon. Anne-marie seems unlikely and Moira looks like she'd blow over in a gust of wind so I'd expect Adrian Chiles from this lot. 😬

No way for Adrian Chiles. Jay Blades would be the most likely from that lot.

The other guy from The Repair Shop was rumoured before this series. I don't watch the programme but I'd go for him over Jay for a proper run.

Some of the earlier christmas specials were celebrities who couldn't commit to a full series, who then could a few years later (Simon Webbe being one), so I'm expecting one of this lot soon. Anne-marie seems unlikely and Moira looks like she'd blow over in a gust of wind so I'd expect Adrian Chiles from this lot. 😬
Anne Marie feels far too ‘big’ for SCD, which potentially says a lot about its current approach to casting.

Anne Marie would not do a full series unless her next albam bombed. Has she had minor hits in america? She'd do DWTS more likely

She'll obviously be hugely missed, but no surprise in the circumstances. I assume if any of the other pros are departing (by choice or not) it will come out in the next few weeks.

Seeing him fawn over nephews or nieces on Instagram makes me think he may well want a family. Plus the fact that Janette's a few years older than him may well make the situation a little more urgent. Not sure why he would need to give the show up though - Gorka still manages to to balance new fatherhood with delighting a nation of homosexuals with his lovely bottom.

I think it's more likely he's got his eye on a greater prize like Oti. Not sure he could pull a job like she has, but I imagine he's one of the cast who could manage a solo tour of the provinces.

Strictly pros don't get paid THAT much, do they?

Seeing him fawn over nephews or nieces on Instagram makes me think he may well want a family. Plus the fact that Janette's a few years older than him may well make the situation a little more urgent. Not sure why he would need to give the show up though - Gorka still manages to to balance new fatherhood with delighting a nation of homosexuals with his lovely bottom.

I think it's more likely he's got his eye on a greater prize like Oti. Not sure he could pull a job like she has, but I imagine he's one of the cast who could manage a solo tour of the provinces.

Strictly pros don't get paid THAT much, do they?

The more established pros headline their own tours between Strictly commitments anyway. The newer ones might have to make do with teaming up with others or supporting a bigger pro.

Aljaz and Janette have an Oscars themed tour this spring and I wouldn't be surprised if he has some kind of ambition for presenting like his wife too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom