Strictly 2022

Can't wait for Kaye. She also hosted the late night Scottish Women (1993-1999), which was amazing and over 12% of actual Scottish women preferred "the Kaye" hairstyle to "the Rachel" tussle do in a Daily Record poll.

Can't wait for Kaye. She also hosted the late night Scottish Women (1993-1999), which was amazing and over 12% of actual Scottish women preferred "the Kaye" hairstyle to "the Rachel" tussle do in a Daily Record poll.

The short back and sides razor cut?

Richie Anderson third confirmed, and he will be dancing with a male pro.

Last edited:
Christ the casting this year is making me feel more and more like a FORRINER, I don't know any of these people (vaguely aware of Kym Marsh because of Moopy tags).

Christ the casting this year is making me feel more and more like a FORRINER, I don't know any of these people (vaguely aware of Kym Marsh because of Moopy tags).
Is Strictly generally known for stars of international renown?

Is Strictly generally known for stars of international renown?

Well I know it's early days in the announcements and that they've always had their fair share of soap stars, but in the past they've also had slightly more B-list celebs like Rachel Stevens (who shock horror I knew of before I came to Britain), SEB, two guys from Blue, Michelle Williams off Destiny's Child, Jerry Hall, Anastasia, Baby Spice etc. I don't follow cricket so I can't really say there, but some of the sportspeople throughout the years were also famous internationally, off the top of my head Colin Jackson, Mark Foster, Louis Smith...

I guess overall it's more Z-list than A-list but there were always names I would recognise.

Didn't they have MARTINA HINGIS for like ONE WEEK and she crashed and burned so quickly she was swiftly ERASED FROM STRICTLY HISTORY? :D

My fantasy line up:

Michelle Bass
Linda Henry
Princess Diana
Kelly Llorenna
Whigfield
Beth Gibbons
Eva Braun
Simon Weston
Lord Byron
Dean Sullivan
Haile Selassie
Jimmy Carter
Ron from the Sparks
Lee Harvey Oswald

Well I know it's early days in the announcements and that they've always had their fair share of soap stars, but in the past they've also had slightly more B-list celebs like Rachel Stevens (who shock horror I knew of before I came to Britain), SEB, two guys from Blue, Michelle Williams off Destiny's Child, Jerry Hall, Anastasia, Baby Spice etc. I don't follow cricket so I can't really say there, but some of the sportspeople throughout the years were also famous internationally, off the top of my head Colin Jackson, Mark Foster, Louis Smith...

I guess overall it's more Z-list than A-list but there were always names I would recognise.
We're barely a quarter of the way through the announcements yet. I'd be surprised if we don't get a couple at least reasonably known outside the UK.

But there must have been about 250 or so celebrities who have taken part now. The majority by some distance would have had very little recognition outside of the UK, athletes aside I'd have thought.

I like Kaye Adams as a Strictly signing. An OG / top tier Loose Woman, and one of the very few to have kept their dignity.

I find Richie Anderson insufferable on R2, but will keep an open mind. It's nice that, when it comes to introducing same-sex male couples, Strictly went with the buff and horny pairing first (Johannes and John) before going for a sexless one, which this surely will be. A few years back I'd have deffs predicted it would have been the other way round, to try and EASE MIDDLE ENGLAND IN

There was nothing sexy about the coupling of Johannes and John IMO. Their chemistry was off and they hardly ever did sexy dancing at all, there was an awful lot of medieval dancing with their hands behind their backs, and their rumba was not really hot at all for me.

My fantasy line up:

Michelle Bass
Linda Henry
Princess Diana
Kelly Llorenna
Whigfield
Beth Gibbons
Eva Braun
Simon Weston
Lord Byron
Dean Sullivan
Haile Selassie
Jimmy Carter
Ron from the Sparks
Lee Harvey Oswald
Haile Selassie sadly turned it down as he only wanted to be partnered with Robin Windsor. Otherwise, that's a solid list. I'd probably add a couple move just for a bit of flavour:

Roger Cook
Tim Westwood
Freddy from Rod, Jane, thereand
Mavis Beacon
The Internet Safety Crocodile

Jayde Adams is number five. She seems very keen:

Speaking about taking on the challenge, Adams said: “Since I watched the first series in 2004, I feel like every step I’ve taken in my career over the last 11 years was to be on Strictly.

“I cannot begin to express the emotions I am feeling, this means so much to me and my family.

“I’ve always watched it, apart from a brief hiatus in 2011 as I was relentlessly gigging every weekend (to try and get on Strictly).

“I’ve been a massive fan of the show for years.

“I feel like I’m watching myself in a dream and I can’t believe I’ve manifested this.

“Holding this in has been torture for me.”

Oh. I thought Jaye Adams was a typo for Kaye. Whoever next? VICTORIA ADAMS?

Ellie has been on the sofa a lot for the BBC coverage of the Commonwealth Games. One for Gorka maybe? I imagine she will be a very popular contestant.

Some rumours suggesting Matt Goss will be announced tomorrow. He's recently moved back to London and recently followed a Strictly choreographer. :eyes:

Some rumours suggesting Matt Goss will be announced tomorrow. He's recently moved back to London and recently followed a Strictly choreographer. :eyes:
I'll have to mute his post dance Claudia chats and It Takes Two appearances.

I remember Matt Goss supporting Mariah and the panic when his hat fell off to put it back on. Hoping for a recreation of it if his casting is true.

I would give my RIGHT LEG for Leanne Cheung to bag a place on Strictly tbh :disco:

No idea about this one. Maybe he is their youth pick for the year rather than a youtuber/influencer.

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF by MOODMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom