Succession

What a scream! Living for the piss-madness chaos.

And Cousin Greg feeling out lovingly suing his grandpa, then Greenpeace :D

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.

The whole episode consisted of like 3 scenes and it was utterly compelling and the humour was laugh out loud funny throughout.

“I just take orders from my dad like you do” :disco:
The fake cat in the bag :D
The utter seriousness of “should we call in a bomb threat?”
Shiv getting a good old Logan bollocking :o

I thought this was the episode Shiv flipped but no :(

It’s coming though…

The sexual tension between Roman and the racist was palpable.

Has anyone else noticed that this has now crossed over into a bit of a pop culture hit? It’s being referenced in so many articles, interviews and social posts.

Has anyone else noticed that this has now crossed over into a bit of a pop culture hit? It’s being referenced in so many articles, interviews and social posts.

Yes, and here it’s been so already prior to last season. I still think of it as a rather niche show but it’s really the media’s darling it seems.

Best episode so far this season, CHILLING!
My friend declared it the worst episode of ALL TIME :D

I enjoyed it, but am mostly perched for the return of THE MOTHER! :disco:

It wasn’t my favorite episode. A bit too much from real life.

i've seen criticism of the writing this season.
i agree to some extent, there is perhaps something a bit too knowing to it this time around but it is still better than 99% of the stuff out there.

I think it's because it flits between the real and the absurd sometimes. Some episodes I've found it jarring and noticeable to begin with, and the episode builds to such a fabulous crescendo that I forgive everything. It's overly wink wink and sometime the dialogue veers into repetitive territory when they're all fumbling about and second guessing each other, but to be honest, that's what those businesses are like. It's like an extreme version of some very real companies. In fact some scenes trigger such excrutiating memories of meetings I've been in the past :D

Was "Glyn the Brexit Pervert" supposed to be Nigel Farage? :D

I loved the secret party to pick the next President scene. You know that's how it really happens anyway. All those GOP members who think they get to spend a day shouting and holding up banners at the RNC to pick a guy and the guy was actually already picked months before by a bunch of billionaires and cable TV owners.

Ronan still getting the best lines. "Alright just wanted to let you know that Mommy still doesn't love you, Bye Ken" :D

Yeah I thought that after party scene rather chilling and disgusting (and highly entertaining) because it felt so authentic.

This may be sacrilegious but I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the writing of Greg. The other characters are so layered and interesting, and he just sort of feels repetitive and thinly drawn by comparison. Is he exactly as one-dimensional as he appears and just being used for comic relief? Or are we going to get some big reveal where he reveals himself to be the smartest operator in the series?

Right now they've gone so far with the former that it's going to be quite the long walk if they want to pivot to the latter, but I just wish they'd let us into his inner life a little bit more, so that the apparent corruption of his soul resonated a little more.

A minor quibble, but am I alone on it?

To be honest now you mention it I think it's true but only for this season, and I think it's because they're stretching out this storyline of him playing both sides and being vulnerable to libel. It's a good storyline on paper but for the last few episodes he's just saying the same things and acting out the same, and it is becoming a bit useless. Maybe it's all a bit Arya and it's leading to something big and we don't know it yet...

Reactions: VoR
This may be sacrilegious but I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the writing of Greg. The other characters are so layered and interesting, and he just sort of feels repetitive and thinly drawn by comparison. Is he exactly as one-dimensional as he appears and just being used for comic relief? Or are we going to get some big reveal where he reveals himself to be the smartest operator in the series?

Right now they've gone so far with the former that it's going to be quite the long walk if they want to pivot to the latter, but I just wish they'd let us into his inner life a little bit more, so that the apparent corruption of his soul resonated a little more.

I agree! The joke about him being so gormless wore thin after about the first episode of this season!

YES! I'm so BORED of Greg. You articulated my thoughts perfectly :disco:

Reactions: VoR
I'm not ADORING this season. Don't get me wrong - it's still good, but I'm not obsessed with it. I guess literally ANYTHING would be a climb down after the wall-to-wall excellence of season 2 (especially the second half).

I LOVED however looking online after the last episode and seeing every single homo that watched it having the same thoughts about Romulus and the Nazi in the bathroom :D Frankly, I think they should have GONE THERE! It would have been rather believable for Roman's character :D

It’s always been a bit odd because his character (and Tom’s too sometimes) almost feel like it belongs to a different (comedy) show.

That was fucking fantastic. Definitely the best episode of the season.

The fall of Roman continues but then everyone else is just crashing and burning. So much cringe and it’s so uncomfortable.

Also the theme of me thinking that every time 2 guys are in a room together they will fuck continues. I don’t know if I’m just weird or they’ve upped the gay baiting.

Willa got my favorite line “oh immersive theater…I could have been consulted”

i keep thinking about roman pushing kendall to the ground and the latter not retaliating but at least we were spared his billy joel.
guess they're really trying to make us feel better about ourselves with the whole the-rich-cry-too spiel. quite good at it too.

anyway, shiv feels like the only one who has any wiggle room to turn things around for herself but it probably wouldn't make very good tv if she did.

God this is such good TV. Tom destroying Greg’s office. The tragic party and everything about it. The missing rabbit wrapping paper. The horrific reaction to the watch. The bone crunching tension between Kendall and Roman. Kendall is expertly crafted as the black sheep billionaire playboy with no friends and he’s wound so tight you’re just waiting for him to snap all the time. The fact that he didn’t made it even sadder.

I’m happy to say that after all we’d said about Greg, he was totally back to his awkward, apologetic, put upon self in this episode and he made me chuckle a fair few times. And nice that he got the girl, even though he clearly didn’t, but he thinks he did and aww that’s cute.

What did she think buying a billionaire kid an ordinary watch?

I’m glad Roman’s (ex?) date Tabatha was mentioned, but where is she, we haven’t seen her for about two seaons and I love that giraffe looking actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom