Suede - new album: 'Autofiction'

For me it's now the best since Dog Man Star.
Coming Up was brilliant for a lot of reasons- the rebirth after Bernard Butler left, the poppy day glow melodies, the rousing choruses.. but it didn't hold a candle to the first 2 albums.. this one feels like the real follow up.

I love this album and agree it is their post-comeback peak. I am not sure how and why I was only a somewhat cautious like on She Still Leads Me On before the album release.

Also the bonus tracks are all strong. It is like the Suede b-side flame still burns bright.

I bought the physical bundle with the LP, 12" and CD. I bought the £5 digital bundle for the 12" tracks and the one bonus and because "why not, it's Suede". And now, I just know I'm going to buy this as well. They were brilliant on the tour so the live album could be ace. They opened with Turn Off Your Brain And Yell when I saw them. Opened with it!

I bought the physical bundle with the LP, 12" and CD. I bought the £5 digital bundle for the 12" tracks and the one bonus and because "why not, it's Suede". And now, I just know I'm going to buy this as well. They were brilliant on the tour so the live album could be ace. They opened with Turn Off Your Brain And Yell when I saw them. Opened with it!

Yes I think I'll end up getting it as well. It is cheaper on Amazon/HMV than the official store too.

I know the live versions are from the last tour but the tracklist does reflect how they played the album (brilliantly) from start to finish at the launch show I saw.

I bought the deluxe today.

The packaging is actually offensive. You literally have to rip it apart to open it. I don't know what they were thinking.
I know! I was poking around for another way of getting into it but there doesn't seem to be one. I'll see if anyone on Discogs or Reddit works it out before I accept the inevitable.

I know! I was poking around for another way of getting into it but there doesn't seem to be one. I'll see if anyone on Discogs or Reddit works it out before I accept the inevitable.

I found it wasn’t a clean tear (possibly my incompetence). Once you've opened it the top just flaps open and while it looks unique opened out it is going to be annoying getting the CDs in and out.

I don't mind something unusual - in fact, I appreciate the effort they've put in to create something a bit different but...a tear off strip right across the artwork? Nah.

This person has rather ridiculously cut their nose off to spite their face:

Oh…that does look irritating and an unfortunate design. It would bug me too but not to the point of a rage destruction.

Bloodsports is receiving the reissue treatment for its 10th anniversary, on single vinyl and double CD with a b-sides. I remember some of the b-sides as being quite good.

The packaging is seven inch size, which isn't ideal, but at least it appears to be tear free:

https://townsendmusic.store/product/127256

Same size as the recent 30th 2CD for the debut. I didn't buy that edition but it did look nice. I'll be having this - don't have any of the b-sides for this era, just the album. I hope they've turned the mastering down a notch, it was awfully loud. Mind you, so is Autofiction.

Saw them last night in Brixton. Absolutely incredible, even better than last year.

The venue was packed tight but went up to the balcony and had a great view, though I had neglected to put my contacts in which was not ideal.

Looking at the set lists I think we got the best night. Slightly more hit heavy than the previous two and the deep cuts hit the spot... including Daddy's Speeding and a solo acoustic Another No One, which led into a stunning version of The Wild Ones. The stuff from the new album sounded great - That Boy on the Stage is so much bigger live... SHUT UP AND HIT THAT METAL :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom