Sugababes™

Big lol but also big :disco: and an even bigger :side-eye: at this from PJ forums

Alright there are some news coming, quite unexpected well maybe not so much though..

I‘m not sure if I‘m allowed to post anything about it, also I don‘t wanna spoil anything for anyone.

Let‘s just say what‘s going to happen, that thing, it‘s something most on here have seen coming and predicted for quite a while now and it looks like it‘s very likely to happen soon..

A 20th anniversary One Touch re-release I'm guessing

I do BADLY NEED it on vinyl

Reactions: GNL
I HEARD SOMETHING ON THE GRAPEVINE ABOUT SOMETHING BIG HAPPENING ON OR AROUND NEW YEAR WHICH IS BEING RECORDED FOR TV THIS WEEK TO TIE IN WITH A BIG JANUARY PUSH FOR NEW MUSIC

Speaking of Popjustice I got my post deleted from a Britney thread because it was an “off topic Britney post”.

Speaking of Popjustice I got my post deleted from a Britney thread because it was an “off topic Britney post”.
Every Britney discussion is devolving into "is Britney OK/being held captive/mentally ill" so it's music chat ONLY.

Big lol but also big :disco: and an even bigger :side-eye: at this from PJ forums

Alright there are some news coming, quite unexpected well maybe not so much though..

I‘m not sure if I‘m allowed to post anything about it, also I don‘t wanna spoil anything for anyone.

Let‘s just say what‘s going to happen, that thing, it‘s something most on here have seen coming and predicted for quite a while now and it looks like it‘s very likely to happen soon..

SOON

They actually SAID IT! :D

that_brigitte_nielsen_gif.gif

Reactions: SDF
Yeah I've seen them mention nobody's been able to register for MONTHS? :D

It was when "Kylie" popped up, an exception to the rule clearly

I imagine they'll just turn into another All Saints once all the legal shite is over won't they? Throw out a moderately received album every few years and spend their careers on the road where they can make some money. The music industry has changed so much now, I don't think it has anything to do with delays or interest or anything any more. If everyone lowers their expectations it could all work out quite nicely and for those of us that genuinely do care we get some new music along the way. All Saints have had the best case scenario, I don't see why Sugababes can't be the same.

Reactions: dUb
The last All Saints album wasn’t very successful tho

The last All Saints album wasn’t very successful tho

it's all relative. 4 years ago they had a top 3 album and a sell out tour. 2 years ago they had a top 15 album and another sell out tour. For a band more than 20 years old, that's not a bad gig. They're a legacy act now and they're probably fine with that, but a legacy act that still gets to make music means the fans win too. I'm all for it.

Does Sugababes have a Shaznay?

In terms of a highly recognisable vocal who gets cheers as soon as she opens her gob? Yes, Siobhan.

In terms of songwriting skillz? Maybe not.

Yes, I can’t help but think that having a Shaznay is one of the main reasons it remains a relatively profitable gig for them.

Reactions: syl
In terms of a highly recognisable vocal who gets cheers as soon as she opens her gob? Yes, Siobhan.

In terms of songwriting skillz? Maybe not.

Shaznay knows how to work the music industry. With All Saints down (if not out) and her solo career a non-starter, she continued to write and have her songs released by acts such as Little Mix and Stooshe.

I imagine they'll just turn into another All Saints once all the legal shite is over won't they? Throw out a moderately received album every few years and spend their careers on the road where they can make some money. The music industry has changed so much now, I don't think it has anything to do with delays or interest or anything any more. If everyone lowers their expectations it could all work out quite nicely and for those of us that genuinely do care we get some new music along the way. All Saints have had the best case scenario, I don't see why Sugababes can't be the same.

This sounds like kind of a best case scenario for them? I think that their fans (myself included) really just want some new music. They're not going to have a big hit, and if they can just release an album and tour every few years, it will make the people who do still care very happy. I'd be personally much more pleased with what All Saints are doing now than if they were trying to make songs that sound like current hits.

A mature take on the One Touch sound, or even stuff from Angels With Dirty Faces or Three, would be great. I think they could pull of something really special and some goodwill and good reviews might be enough to get a semi-hit album.

Are we sure the ‘it’s what we expected’ isn’t that Siobhan and/or Mutya have quit?

Leaving aside member comparison, they’re on a level with All Saints, broadly speaking. Festival slots, small tours and a moderately performing album (or two). That’s all I want. :googlyeyes:

Last edited:
Funny, but no x

Last edited:
I think they are absolutely NOT on an All Saints level in terms of having appeal as a legacy act among the Radio 2 audience, booking tours/festivals or having any general goodwill for a comeback or even nostalgia for previous major hits. The Sugababes burned out so spectacularly in the end that outside of a few hundred gays nobody is waiting on a line-up that lasted one year and spawned one major hit 21 years ago to ignite the flames of a comeback tour or a new album.

All of that was basically true when Flatline came out, but there was at least a modicum of momentum and excitement about the idea of a v1 comeback. seven years later, what's left? they're pop history now. I don't think any of them are even bothered.

as for "an album (or two)" @dUb - GIRL! they can't even get a second single out!

But nobody outside of those few hundred gays remembers the burnout really either!

Also given that MKS perform 2.0 songs, there's more than one big hit to play with.

Last edited:
Also Miss @Jark need I point out to you that Sugababes have almost 2.5m monthly listeners compared to 'active' All Saints' 1.5m :)

AND I KNOW THAT'S INCLUDING OTHER LINEUPS but it does illustrate the appeal of the brand!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom