Suggest a FLOP album for a Sync Listen

What? Really! I still listen to this often from time to time. Had no idea it flopped so hard darling!

SAME! I have been hammering it the past week and was shocked it did so poorly as Acapella was a decent enough sized hit.

ooh can we do any of Nicole Scherzinger's albums? Preferably the (Fun for Europe) debut one :disco: I know the singles fared very well: DHYB going #1 and both Poison/Right There reached #3 but I'm seeing that the overall sales of Killer Love weren't that fantastic (140k in the UK but can't find updated info).
Does it qualify for Flop status?

ooh can we do any of Nicole Scherzinger's albums? Preferably the (Fun for Europe) debut one :disco: I know the singles fared very well: DHYB going #1 and both Poison/Right There reached #3 but I'm seeing that the overall sales of Killer Love weren't that fantastic (140k in the UK but can't find updated info).
Does it qualify for Flop status?

I think anything that did not make the UK Top 40 would count.

Nicole’s Killer Love was not a flop.

so chart positions over sales? got it.

TBF Pips it ended up #73 of the year so I'm guessing its sales would've been just over 200k...which to be fair I wouldn't really call a flop. Not a smash, but certainly an OK showing.

My issue with it is that it has about 7 bangers and then a handful of bloody awful ballads that just don't belong.

I would like to submit this still-not-top-100 classic from perennial pop toilet dweller Nicki French. It's really quite something.

I would like to submit this still-not-top-100 classic from perennial pop toilet dweller Nicki French. It's really quite something.

I always thought that Did You Ever Really Love me was CRYING OUT for a Steps version back in the day!

Where can the schedule for upcoming sync listens be found?

I still think Cyndi's Bring Ya To The Brink would be an excellent choice

I always thought that Did You Ever Really Love me was CRYING OUT for a Steps version back in the day!

I kind of avoided this because, let's face it, everything poor sad old Nicki has done since has been cheap shit, and I never fully understood why her bontempi rendition of Total Eclipse was so big in the first place, but there's some proper bangers on this album! You're right, very early Steps in places.

Poor mutant budgie woman Bonnie having all her songs become hits for others. She must have been on tender hooks in the mid 90s when the woman who was scanning her tampons last week was now booked on Letterman to promote her transatlantic mega hit.

let's see

flop2.png

flop1.png

flop3.png

"I don't actually think our fans know we've even got an album out." :basil:

???

It was a MASSIVE failure!

Previous album went to #1 and sold Platinum, whereas C&S missed the top 5 and barely limped past Silver. Only went two singles deep, the second of which utterly stiffed. Plus it literally inspired the Jark Theory of Relativity!

It still went SILVER. I thought FLOP albums would be the likes of ones that peaked at 67 in the charts. Though I suppose it IS relative.

somebody didn't read the first post! :kim:

me said:
anything that is generally considered to have UNDERPERFORMED please

@Kalabaliken There's a difference between a band as successful and established as the Sugababes limping in wherever they did with C&S than a shitty band like Girl Thing getting to 92 (in Australia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom