Sunday flops

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
2:30 and no daily thread?

This place is going to the dogs.

Popped to Tesco and they've moved all the bloody aisles around so it took over an hour due to having to find where things now live. I write my list in (previous) aisle order so it really threw me off my game.

Popped to Tesco and they've moved all the bloody aisles around so it took over an hour due to having to find where things now live. I write my list in (previous) aisle order so it really threw me off my game.

I hate when they do this. No change pls, it startles me.

I hate when they do this. No change pls, it startles me.

There was no rhyme or reason to the new placement either! All the tinned stuff, except tinned fruit, used to be on the same aisle and it's now all spread over three aisles. I felt like going to Customer Service and ranting about how it no longer flows naturally, I was furious. Breakfast biscuits used to be with cereal and now they're with biscuits followed by dried pasta, fajita kits and Dolmio jars.

It's like they've gone "if we just put everything in random places maybe nobody will notice the lack of choice, substandard quality and short-dates since Brexit".

I hate change. Even just going to the gym at a different time last night had me dripping in sweat out of the nervous energy. Or maybe the aircon just wasn't on properly.

This place is going to the sexy dogs.

dogs-in-tights6.jpg

Was that the one at the Middlebrook? It was all arse about face the last time I went; they used to have a massive DVD and electronics section and they now basically just have a shelf.

I can't get used to the no longer that new Lidl in town. It just doesn't make any sense.

Any significant changes to supermarkets should be advertised in advance and promoted with maps and staff for guidance. Maybe even an emergency broadcast.

I can't get used to the no longer that new Lidl in town. It just doesn't make any sense.

Any significant changes to supermarkets should be advertised in advance and promoted with maps and staff for guidance. Maybe even an emergency broadcast.
old.jpg

(only sharing coz I feel ya x)

Is that the one where they built an entire shopping centre for it and everything was empty except for a newsagent and a hairdressers?

No, they put it on waste ground that used to be owned by one of the travelling funfairs. In order to build it there Bolton Council made Tesco pay them about 3 million quid to go towards upgrading Farnworth shopping centre but it never actually got spent on that.

The Walkden one was in a brand new shopping centre which is still almost empty inside because the rent is sky-high. They got rid of a thriving market-hall of stalls for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom