Super Trouper 40th anniversary vinyl reissues

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
As there was a bit of interest in the vinyl boxset, here comes Universal to fleece the terminally stupid a little more before Christmas. Out October 30th.

The usual half speed double vinyl album, a boxset of 7" coloured vinyl and individual 7" picture discs, although the packaging of the picture discs seems to have changed.

Slightly surprised they have limited the 7" to the three UK singles. Given they stretched Voulez-Vous to seven, I expected to see them include On And On And On at least. Still, I suppose we have the annual issue of Happy New Year a few weeks later again.

0877700_big.jpg

0877700_pack_big_small.jpg

0877797_big_small.jpg

0877797_pack_big_small.jpg

0877862_big_small.jpg

0877859_big_small.jpg

0877864_big_small.jpg

The singles are beautiful.

I only have GGG from the VV reissues.

I really hope they do all the albums. They never seem to complete their reissue sets anymore.

I can't remember for certain where they started with this format of reissues, but I think it was Arrival. I doubt they will go back to the three albums before it now.

Those singles are stunning

dare I ask, how much?

Those singles are stunning

dare I ask, how much?

If it's the same as the previous ones (I've not seen a price yet), the RRP is usually £11.99 I think. I don't think I paid more than £9 each for any of the last lot though, from various ebay sellers.

Okay the picture discs might just be a nice addition for my new flat :disco:

Has Lay All Your Love On Me been available on 7 inch before?

Certainly in box sets but not individually, I don’t think.

This was the Abba album my parents owned. My mum seemed especially fond of "The Piper" for some reason.

I love how wholesome and happy the artwork for lay all your love on me artwork is, when it's one of their darkest sounding songs.

TWTIA cover has ALWAYS bothered me for that very reason. And that's before we consider Hawaiian shirts or Frida's eye shadow.

The UK One Of Us as well, but largely because it's just fucking awful.

They really got their single covers wrong for many of their songs.

The double One of Us cover they all look like they'd just come back from a week in the Med and still had sand in their hair.

Last edited:
I quite like that tho' - stealth misery. Oh, here's Abba looking jolly, I hope this is a banger I can dance round my handbag to next time I'm out at the discotheque, I usually go to either Schitz or The R...oh....what's this?....why am I crying?

They don’t strike me as a band who could be arsed with things like shooting single covers so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just went with whatever happened to be on file at that point.

They were signed to different labels all over the world, with many different covers for the same singles - particularly pre Arrival. But then in the UK we didn't even get a picture sleeve at all until Voulez-Vous/Angeleyes in 1979.

There certainly are loads of great photo shoots they did that were never used for single or album covers. I'm not sure how it would have worked in terms of who decided what the covers were. I assume the label in each country would have chosen, considering they had autonomy to choose the actual singles. Although perhaps from selection from Stig? Would they even do photo shoots for specific single covers back then? In 1977 alone they did several photo shoots where both girls were at their absolute peak, none of which went on to be single or album covers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom