Sweden 2021: Tusse - Voices

It's very UNIFYING in a Love Shine A Light kind of way - which frankly Europe may NEED after the last year of HELL!
And Tusse is obviously quite a CHARMING and possibly eccentric PERSONALITY which always helps.

I hope he performs it in the style of one of the WINNERS REPRISES where he puts a bit of EMOTION into it, than the more clinical heat reading of the song.

Former representative Carol will be reading out the votes for Sweden this year

Ooh - she’s currently competing in Swedish Strictly. She’s in the top five, and has the highest average score:

She’s had a great year. Her duet with Zara Larsson was a huge hit in Sweden.

Why don’t I like Tusse? It was fine until he opened his mouth (to talk at least). He’s less likeable than JENDRIK!

song is good though

Why don’t I like Tusse? It was fine until he opened his mouth (to talk at least). He’s less likeable than JENDRIK!

song is good though
I have nothing against Tussé, I'm sure she's a fabulous person.

It's the song I have a problem with. Generic uninspired shit.

After Sweden's historically low 14th placement Tusse now says 'It feels sad to have dropped the ball with top ten placements' and that he opts not to compete in singing competitions for a while.

He states that he was happy with the Saturday stage performance but had hoped to bring his country into the top 10 with 'Voices' whom he performed at the Grand Final in Rotterdam. Sweden has not had a worse ESC result since Anna Bergendahl dropped out of the semi finals in 2010. Tusse says he's had a lot of pressure following 'Mans, Loreen, Benjamin, John Lundvik and Robin Bengtsson', That 'there shoes are impossible to fill' and that he feels a bit sorry for whoever artist will have to represent the country the coming year.

Last edited:
Just having a look, the late 00s was a rough run, despite some iconic entries.

They only went top 10 once between 2005 and 2010.

Yeah, I found this one...
Res.png

So worst three results since Anna Bergendahl are:
  1. Tusse - 14th
  2. Robin Stjernberg - 14th
  3. Benjamin Ingrosso - 7th
Robin had a stronger relative score compared to Tusse and also didn't have the advantages of a late draw nor getting to perform in the semi :(

It really did get lost in the mix on Saturday, despite such an advantageous placing. Would anything else have done better, I want to say yes (because I don’t think Voices is particularly good - it was very much Sweden on auto-pilot, and there were more interesting songs in the MF final) but I don’t know - this was such a curious year.

Eric Saade probably would have done pretty well with the way the contest turned out, do we reckon? Dotter probably not, considering the glut of female pop bangers. Dunno about The Mamas.

I do think Sweden could've done a bit better but not much, it was a weak Melodifestivalen year. Saade would've likely placed top 10. I believe Little Tot might've placed slightly better as it's a tad more memorable but it would've also been a riskier choice.

Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom