Taco Bell - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Ring the Taco Bell?

• Total voters

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
This is very important.

Obviously most of the UK doesn't have a Taco Bell, but some of us in the South East have been blessed with this cheap fast food version of Mexican food.

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

When I was a kid, my parents didn’t really let me have fast food, but my sisters would take me when they were watching me, so I’m a little nostalgic for that.

on the other hand, my current Taco Bell has had multiple shootings so I’m a little wary of going

the food is fine and cheap but not comparable to real Mexican food. It’s only good when you’re high or hungover really

If I’m going to go, the spicy tostada is my item of choice

There's one in the Arndale in Manchester.

I don't see the appeal really but I'm not all that into fast food places generally.

I used to love it and head to one whenever I went to the US. But the vegetarian options are actually fairly MEH. It’s one of the few places I miss meat…

it is a lot more vegetarian friendly than most fast food
Yeah I'm not a fan but their menu is quite THOROUGH.

Although I do like that giant party nachos monstrosity. Will literally feed your whole family for $12.

I've never been to the Manchester one. If I'm looking for vaguely Mexican fast food, I generally go to Barburrito.

Our biggest taco chain is called Tacobar and is so overpriced and unfulfilling; I’d need to order two ”nacho deluxe” plates to feel satisfied.

I think I prefer Chipotle, although I'm not huge on Mexican food to begin with.

Do you have Willy’s in Chicago? It’s like chipotle but much better imo
We don't. But we're CHOCK FULL of private mom and pop Mexican joints. Makes the variety much better. L.A. seems to prefer chains I think

We don't. But we're CHOCK FULL of private mom and pop Mexican joints. Makes the variety much better. L.A. seems to prefer chains I think
Oh I prefer the local places for sure. The fast food is just sometimes convenient.
I had really good Ethiopian food in Chicago

So what about Wahaca? I haven’t been to one for quite a while but I seem to remember they went a bit downhill.

I enjoy Taco Bell primarily because the vegetarian filling option is not some manky, tasteless sautéed vegetables like at other Mexican fast food places around here. If I’m going to eat Mexican from a place with a drive thru I want BEANS, excessive CHEESE and absolutely NO pretense of health or nutrition whatsoever

I don't LOVE it but I LIKE it. It's all about the filthy cheese sauce and the Dulce le Leche churro dip. BUCKET OF EACH PLEASE

I don't think we have.

We're a Boojum city.

exterior-of-the-great.jpg

I was a bit disappointed by it tbh although obviously it would be YES PLEASE HOW DELICIOUS if it were FREE. I did however once get chatting to a Christmas tree farmer on popular chatbox OMEGLE thanks to my innovative “U like Taco Bell” icebreaker so HIP HIP HOORAH FOR FILTH

I was a bit disappointed by it tbh although obviously it would be YES PLEASE HOW DELICIOUS if it were FREE. I did however once get chatting to a Christmas tree farmer on popular chatbox OMEGLE thanks to my innovative “U like Taco Bell” icebreaker so HIP HIP HOORAH FOR FILTH
Yet another AMAZING NIGHT IN

I’ve never tried it. It doesn’t look appetizing, maybe someday.

I’ve never tried it. It doesn’t look appetizing, maybe someday.
I had the burrito and it was displeasingly sloppy. So maybe go for something else should an especially dark night of the soul descend upon you

I’ve recently tried a few things in Filipino hotspot JOLLIBEE which I thought would be more exciting than they were. You get jollier in IKEA for 50p than the somewhat pricier JOLLY HOT DOG and the JOLLY SPAGHETTI was VERY SMALL

The lines for Jollibee are ridiculous. It’s nicer than other but not worth the hassle.

I had the burrito and it was displeasingly sloppy. So maybe go for something else should an especially dark night of the soul descend upon you

Yeah we have so many Mexican restaurants and even stuff like Chipotle that make Taco Bell unnecessary.

The lines for Jollibee are ridiculous. It’s nicer than other but not worth the hassle.
I think I actually prefer KFC. And I certainly prefer Currywurst to Jolly Spaghetti if we're talking FOREIGN WAYS WITH SAUSAGE

It's my go to fast food place when I'm working in Leeds or Barnsley, which isn't often, but it's always great tasting.

No idea where my nearest one is. Based on one trip to one in the US though, no thanks.

We have one opening here in the summer which made the newspaper the other day. People are VERY excited.

I will try it before I leave though, I know it’ll be shite but I do love a good smatter of trash food and this one I do want to try out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom