Taliban: THE COMEBACK

Apparently there was some twitter backlash at Kamala Harris for having a laugh the other day when asked about Afghanistan but i haven't followed the story further.

Has anyone watched the Biden press conference about Afghanistan? I get that he's trying to make an argument about a Trump's deal with the Taliban (apparently they should have left the country by May and the Taliban would guarantee no Americans would be hurt). But i don't understand the argument at all and why that would be some sort of excuse about what's happening now. Am I missing something because of my poor English?

Has anyone watched the Biden press conference about Afghanistan? I get that he's trying to make an argument about a Trump's deal with the Taliban (apparently they should have left the country by May and the Taliban would guarantee no Americans would be hurt). But i don't understand the argument at all and why that would be some sort of excuse about what's happening now. Am I missing something because of my poor English?
This is a good read

"My commanders informed me that an attack is highly likely in the next 24-36 hours." (Biden)

America is fully out. No more occupation. What an embarrassing failure.

Basically back to where it started. I'm done with democracy.

“The last five aircraft have left, it’s over!” said Hemad Sherzad, a Taliban fighter stationed at Kabul’s international airport. “I cannot express my happiness in words. ... Our 20 years of sacrifice worked.”

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

A whole bunch of Americans literally stranded in Afghanistan because they never made it to the airport

"The Taliban, by some estimates, has more Black Hawk helicopters than 85 per cent of the world after the US abandoned $85bn worth of military equipment."

This is comic book levels of a tragic failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom