Taliban: THE COMEBACK

Look, we probably run in different circles of the internet -

:wow:

Honestly what version of moopy have I woke up to today?

Yesterday I was talking about Madonna remixes, today I’m an alt-right quoting, word origin ignoring, generalisation spreading, Muslim hating antagonist!

trust me COB, you’re not the only one losing a bit of respect for someone today. I’m in shock at what is being said here and how dreadful this conversation is.

you and Beverley both would do better to not always ASSUME that people are less well read on certain subjects than you are. And if that’s NOT what you meant, then maybe consider the way you’re saying it. Ive been round this block with him before, but this is the first time I’ve heard you do it.

Just… wow.

That wasn't me saying I'm well read! Just that I'm TERMINALLY ONLINE and followed stuff like Gamergate closely when it was happening - if anything it was meant to convey that I appreciate you could miss something I thought was self evident! I'm clearly not expressing what I mean properly, sorry.

jokes in this thread to be deployed in the same manner as the US military in Afghanistan, s'il vous plait: all at once, and then not at all.
8FBEFFBF-1544-477C-82C4-1624550302CE.jpeg

That wasn't me saying I'm well read! Just that I'm TERMINALLY ONLINE and followed stuff like Gamergate closely when it was happening - if anything it was meant to convey that I appreciate you could miss something I thought was self evident! I'm clearly not expressing what I mean properly, sorry.

well, I’m over it, but you’ll now always be the guy who accused me of making alt right references to a Muslim in order to antagonise him based on a subject I know little about the origins of.

so there’s that.

I’m sorry too. Sorry I logged in today.

well, I’m over it, but you’ll now always be the guy who accused me of making alt right references to a Muslim in order to antagonise him based on a subject I know little about the origins of.

so there’s that.

I’m sorry too. Sorry I logged in today.
girls, you could all forget about this exchange by tomorrow if you wanted. it's the internet - the only thing that's permanent are your dick pics and your old racist tweets.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said no one wants Afghanistan to become a "breeding ground for terror".

Bit fucking rich after what happened in Plymouth the other day and the hate campaign against the RNLI for having the gall to save the lives of people in danger without asking for their paperwork.

Shit, it's on the news now, fires and gunshots in the airport and NATO issued a statement that they want to keep airport open in order to facilitate further evacuations.

there was some propaganda on the BBC earlier from a Taliban spokesperson (I can’t believe they actually have someone doing their PR) saying they want a peaceful transition and there will be no attacks or revenge on Afghan people.

so yeah that aged well.

So probably worth starting another thread after the last one ended up in a bit of a MESS. Here’s the latest:

• President Ghani has resigned and left the country
  • Taliban fighters have moved into the city
  • The Taliban have seized the Presidential Palace
  • Some sort of gunfire/incident reported at the airport (according to the US Embassy)

LIVE BBC UPDATES

The whole thread proves one thing though, that moopy is entirely incapable of an intelligent thread on a sensitive matter.

every, fucking, time.

:(

There's supposed to be a peaceful transition of power. It's such a strange concept when the country has basically been internally conquered. As shocking and quick as it is, it also feels very presumed and accepted.

To be fair, this thread is how MOST political discussions go on social media. Moopy just gives us the gay variation of it.

10 funky
10 COB

I'm curious how this plays out for Biden, much more than Johnson. The latter nothing touches him, so what's another disaster, but Biden is much more susceptible to normal political gravity. Surely the left will hate him for being heartless, and the right will just use it as a stick to beat him with whilst conveniently ignoring that it was trump's policy too?

I don't see what the upside to Biden"s calculation was.

I'm curious how this plays out for Biden, much more than Johnson. The latter nothing touches him, so what's another disaster, but Biden is much more susceptible to normal political gravity. Surely the left will hate him for being heartless, and the right will just use it as a stick to beat him with whilst conveniently ignoring that it was trump's policy too?

I don't see what the upside to Biden"s calculation was.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the majority of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum wanted American soldiers out of there - albiet presumably without the swift societal collapse that’s happening right now. :bruised:

The gamble will be that the fate of the Afghans won’t be a major ballot box issue in American suburbs.

Plus it was a massive money pit and he needs to pay for that new infrastructure deal somehow…

Do we really need two topics?
It’s probably worth it considering the argument was dragging on and the updates/discussion of the takeover itself was getting buried.

It’s probably worth it considering the argument was dragging on and the updates/discussion of the takeover itself was getting buried.
I appreciate the intent was good, but it's also a bit silly having two topics. I think the argument is over. Could I request they be merged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom